New swarovski x5 scopes

Murph

Clearly Swarovski Optik think they know the market better than you guys think you do, and they'll have no problem selling them. It's really quite simple guys - if you don't like the Swaovski X5(i) scopes, then don't buy 'em.

Oh I'm sorry, are we only supposed to say good things about them?

I'm not saying that - you just seem very heavy on the criticism with very little information to go on.

Actually DW I think I left one of my points open for folks to reply to?

As to little information, well its quite obvious standing next to the scope that the elevation knob's follow the trend of putting a bean can on top of the scope and adding silly gimmicks.

Also people ordering ahead of the scope coming into production is an indication of either blind faith or folks ready to part with their money? Look as some of the recent offerings that failed by other big names?

It will be a nice scope (assuming it works) but it is nothing special or offers anything else that is not already in existence.

Just been reading some of the earlier links.

It looks to be a scope designed by people who think that between themselves they know EXACTLY what people want, but haven't actually asked anyone in the target market (in fact, I have trouble deciding what market it's actually targeted at - it's 'not quite right' for just about every application that springs to mind - presumably I'm missing something obvious!).

I was at the press briefing at IWA for its launch and I will say one word BD.....

BINGO

• 6 months later...

Spent a very enjoyable afternoon with Hatzi at Diggle today, looking at the new Swarovski spotting scope with illuminated reticle. What a fabulous bit of kit that was.

He is bring a swaro x5 next week for me to look at , as I think this scope ticks all my boxes. 2nd fp , 5-25 , target turret and Swarovski,s legendary glass which my eyes like.

I don't need ffp. to range targets....it says on the range what distance i,m shooting at. Any other gong ranges get a rangefinder used on them.

I want the clean , uncluttered dot crosshair.

Watch this space for a sh1t and bender sale.

I touched the only 5-25 that was in the country at the time at a competition hosted by a club near me (Reepham) in August. I now have one on order, Should be here soon once the American orders get filled.

It is truly stunning, a huge improvement in clarity over my Z6i and I thought that would be impossible.

Had the pleasure of shooting a Mauser fitted with the lower powered model today.

It made my Schmidt look sick, just as I knew it would. The clarity of the lenses at all magnification was a joy to my tired eyes.

The elevation turret is large, you can easily see what its on, and the clicks are audible and very positive, but not too positive , like the schmidt.

Its smaller, and a lot lighter, and basically there is nothing to dislike. I was counting blades of grass and lumps of Lichen on rocks at 800 yards with it.

I will be having one for my AX.

At he SGA rifle shoot few months back , the swaro guy had a few mounted on wooden dummy stocks , also the new spotting scopes etc

They were left out all day and play to hearts content , he did say he wasn't going to do the hard sell and he didn't , the kit sold itself , all spotting scopes were utilised all day by whomever for helping lad spot etc . We were watching heard o beasts up in the corrie above glen tilt .

Hats off to swaro for leaving that kit out like that all day .... Pleasant change from looking down gun makers row to make a decision .

I for one would love one ....but not at 2700 quid .

Some day

I don't compete but just started plinking playing out to 500yds so far ...,so would have to be a dual purpose thing for me

Paul

Had the pleasure of shooting a Mauser fitted with the lower powered model today.

It made my Schmidt look sick, just as I knew it would. The clarity of the lenses at all magnification was a joy to my tired eyes.

The elevation turret is large, you can easily see what its on, and the clicks are audible and very positive, but not too positive , like the schmidt.

Its smaller, and a lot lighter, and basically there is nothing to dislike. I was counting blades of grass and lumps of Lichen on rocks at 800 yards with it.

I will be having one for my AX.

I'm glad you liked it. I have shot it a lot in the last week and my only reql quibble is getting 'lost' on the windage dial at long range when you go beyond 9 MOA of wind which i did at 1000 metres.

• 5 years later...

Hello, I know this is any old thread but now some of you have had chance to use it would are you thoughts? I particularly interested if anyone has used or using the X5 (none illuminated) with Night Vision digital and tubed. I have a PVS14 so if anyone has one of those they use on X5 I would be really interested in your experience?