New swarovski x5 scopes

Murph

Not sure about that extra tall elevation turret in practical terms but I am seriously thinking about delaying my Zeiss V8/ S&B PMII purchase until I've had a look at this thing. All my hunting scopes are/have always been Swaro and I love them, so maybe it's time to look at them for target work too.

Not sure about that extra tall elevation turret in practical terms but I am seriously thinking about delaying my Zeiss V8/ S&B PMII purchase until I've had a look at this thing. All my hunting scopes are/have always been Swaro and I love them, so maybe it's time to look at them for target work too.

Plus 1. I would certainly consider one. I use a z6i and find the glass to be second to none. I Think this could be a game changer for swarovski. It's about time that they listened to the thoughts of the more target orientated amongst us.

I'm in - love the two Swarovskis I have now, really fancy the X5i 5-25x56P.

Best glass I've ever used by far.

Will try to see them tomorrow, but first comnents are they have big banners up shouting to the Workd - then lock them away behind glass?

I'll post any photos or info I can glean.

T

Just on the prices it looks like the rrp's will be between £2400 and £2700 dependant on reticle choice and whether illuminated or not. I had a chat with my Swarovski rep this morning and they sound like they will be the business. Looks like they will be available sometime around September and apparently they have orders backing up already (but they would say that). In any case I will order one for myself and post a review when it arrives and I've tested it.

cheers

Rich

For that sort of money I think I would rather have a illuminated March 5-50, which has true long range ability and low enough magnification to use at first/last light.

I do concede that Swarovski glass is as good as as gets, but how much better is subjective, but I really don't understand the need for that top turret.

It will be very interesting reading users reviews.

To be honest, the March range of target scopes is the only one which addresses just about every requirement of the target shooter - weight, optical quality, build quality, magnification range, useable/useful reticles, great turrets, adjustment range etc.

If they were £1500 there would be no other choice for the target shooter.

Just been reading some of the earlier links.

It looks to be a scope designed by people who think that between themselves they know EXACTLY what people want, but haven't actually asked anyone in the target market (in fact, I have trouble deciding what market it's actually targeted at - it's 'not quite right' for just about every application that springs to mind - presumably I'm missing something obvious!).

I can see they're MOA only, can't spot whether they're SFP only too?

BD

Pretty certain they are SFP, but the literature does not state this or say what magnification the ret. subtensions are actually valid for? Could not be bothered to ask the various reps at the IWA, they seemed too busy draped around the cafe they had for a stand.

See they are going for the U.S. 'must have a gimmic' which I find surprising. There is this zero override lever - can anyone give me a reason/use for this? Zeroed at 100 you go 'up' for closer, zero say at 300 you would have to override the zero stop then look up and put on your adjustment to shoot closer - more work than using a 100 zero and simply adding clicks, so I'm a bit bemused?

But they have the 'I'll only use Swaro' market which makes this a safe bet :) as you can see by folks pre ordering without the scope actually being in production (or tested by the punters). At £2000++ a unit that is a brave bunch of punters !

T

Just been reading some of the earlier links.

It looks to be a scope designed by people who think that between themselves they know EXACTLY what people want, but haven't actually asked anyone in the target market (in fact, I have trouble deciding what market it's actually targeted at - it's 'not quite right' for just about every application that springs to mind - presumably I'm missing something obvious!).

My thoughts exactly BD, a bit like NF making a long range competition scope with only 5 MOA of windage per revolution, the mind boggles.

Clearly Swarovski Optik think they know the market better than you guys think you do, and they'll have no problem selling them. It's really quite simple guys - if you don't like the Swaovski X5(i) scopes, then don't buy 'em.