New 10x drone pro

Offroad Gary

NV kit gets a beating for some reason.

My 2014 DP is take off and on as it is repeatable on my picatinney. Zero never moved and I've given it plenty of opportunity to.

It is not taking a beating just stating a fact!

Sorry, not stating it didn't happen, just trying to figure it out. Its not happened to me. Could it have shifted because of buttons being inadvertently pushed?? Anyhow, see if this is a one off or something array.

(Friend poped over to say his new rifle couldn't hit a barn door. Found out the new moderator, shop fitted, wasn't in line with a barrel, poorly threaded ! Its not .308 calibre now more like .50).

Sorry, not stating it didn't happen, just trying to figure it out. Its not happened to me. Could it have shifted because of buttons being inadvertently pushed?? Anyhow, see if this is a one off or something array.

(Friend poped over to say his new rifle couldn't hit a barn door. Found out the new moderator, shop fitted, wasn't in line with a barrel, poorly threaded ! Its not .308 calibre now more like .50).

No not pressed any buttons.

Then you will have to go through the check list, from rifle to mounts to scope. It could be a scope problem but then it could be something else. Basically does it hold zero and if not why not? Once you have pin pointed the culprit then it can be fixed. Carl has stood by his product with its warranty. Not sure if these are warranted to .50 cal but I should think it would take quite something for anything to fail. Any kit can go wrong but with the better stuff it either happens in the first few weeks or its good for he life of the unit. For what we pay for this high ticket stuff then we should have confidence in it. Hope you get it sorted, good luck.

Then you will have to go through the check list, from rifle to mounts to scope. It could be a scope problem but then it could be something else. Basically does it hold zero and if not why not? Once you have pin pointed the culprit then it can be fixed. Carl has stood by his product with its warranty. Not sure if these are warranted to .50 cal but I should think it would take quite something for anything to fail. Any kit can go wrong but with the better stuff it either happens in the first few weeks or its good for he life of the unit. For what we pay for this high ticket stuff then we should have confidence in it. Hope you get it sorted, good luck.

Thanks have it zeroed again will see how it goes, the rail is solid and Loctite on the screws.

Heard of zero problems from another guy, turns out he was not pushing correct buttons & saving the new zero properly.

Might be worth taking a note of the values on x & y axis once zeroed ... Save in notes folder on iPhone for example

Can also do this for different zero on different rifles

I have an older version with the 10x doubler had no zero issues to date , but the issues. I did have were solved. Very quickly & Carl Moore has been a total gent in every way

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him or night vision gear

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Any more updates on the new drone pro 10x?

I'm extremely pleased with mine, having had mine for four weeks now it has accounted for 10 foxes at night, all between 100 & 200 yards. ID has been easy and instant, and I've also seen lots of owls, on the ground & in trees, bats, badgers & fallow.

It's a real pleasure to arrive early and where I'd normally struggle (at last light) squinting through the Zeiss or S&B or Nightforce scope I'm now having the Drone Pro improve as it gets darker, that's a huge plus.

Also, I happily took it out during the day and it's very useable then too, although first choice would of course be a regular scope.

The IR that came with the Drone Pro is well made and solid in mounting (I prefer side mounted on the Remington .223 - and no bolt clash issues). For cheek weld I've used a stock ammo holder with cheek piece that works well.

For reticles, the rangefinder I started with and is good, the crosshairs with centre dot is ok and I've settled on mini crosshair, which is essentially a dot in use (to my eyes anyway) and perfect for the distances I've been using.

Zeroing was easy and straightforward, bore sighting beforehand. Everything seems to work as it should and is very user friendly. I even inadvertently tested the scope mounting (knocking over while propped against a telegraph pole) it passed with flying colours.

The only bit I have not used so far is standby mode & wireless button.

Cheers

AndyCM

• 2 months later...

I'm extremely pleased with mine, having had mine for four weeks now it has accounted for 10 foxes at night, all between 100 & 200 yards. ID has been easy and instant, and I've also seen lots of owls, on the ground & in trees, bats, badgers & fallow.

It's a real pleasure to arrive early and where I'd normally struggle (at last light) squinting through the Zeiss or S&B or Nightforce scope I'm now having the Drone Pro improve as it gets darker, that's a huge plus.

Also, I happily took it out during the day and it's very useable then too, although first choice would of course be a regular scope.

The IR that came with the Drone Pro is well made and solid in mounting (I prefer side mounted on the Remington .223 - and no bolt clash issues). For cheek weld I've used a stock ammo holder with cheek piece that works well.

For reticles, the rangefinder I started with and is good, the crosshairs with centre dot is ok and I've settled on mini crosshair, which is essentially a dot in use (to my eyes anyway) and perfect for the distances I've been using.

Zeroing was easy and straightforward, bore sighting beforehand. Everything seems to work as it should and is very user friendly. I even inadvertently tested the scope mounting (knocking over while propped against a telegraph pole) it passed with flying colours.

The only bit I have not used so far is standby mode & wireless button.

Cheers

AndyCM

Are there fewer parallax issues with scopes of this sort? The reticle is presumably in exactly the same image plane as the image? Also is there any zero shift when the screw on daytime filter is taken on and off??

Srvet I recieved my new drone pro x10 just this week, spent Wednesday evening setting it up and zeroing it on the .22/250(took six shots windage required no adjustment it was exactly centred at 0, but 20cm high at 100m).

Once zeroed exactly at 180m I spent about two hours plinking at a small metal fox gong out to 330m in between shots I removed and replaced the daytime filter shooting with it on and off and removed the scope from the rifle about 10 times, not once did I notice any shift in poi. First impressions are very good indeed seem solidly built unit and simple to use.

• 4 weeks later...

Are there fewer parallax issues with scopes of this sort? The reticle is presumably in exactly the same image plane as the image? Also is there any zero shift when the screw on daytime filter is taken on and off??

There are no parallax issues because the reticle is electronically generated and displayed on the near eye display along with the image.

Cheers

Bruce

Archived