New 10x drone pro

Offroad Gary

Anyone had problems buying one? I ordered one 01.45 sunday, got the order conformation and email from barclaycard, only to be told by nightvision gear that worldpay didnt process payment and now theyre all sold!

Nvg wont take payment up front, a deposit or hold one for me, i have to wait until an emailshot confirms arrival of next batch.

Anyone got the new 10x up and running yet? Reports/videos welcome before i part with my dollar, if the mrs doesnt find it!!

One of my foxing buds picked one up at the shooting show and I have had a brief play with it last week.

The new side focus system is nice as is the compact nature of the new doubler-less design but in use it is really not a lot different from my old one (which incidentally is mounted on the perfect foxing rifle), however that still makes it the best dedicated digi scope on the market IMO.

Oh there is a new reticle as well, which is a ladder design, it's OK but a bit bright in use IMO

Anyone had problems buying one? I ordered one 01.45 sunday, got the order conformation and email from barclaycard, only to be told by nightvision gear that worldpay didnt process payment and now theyre all sold!

Nvg wont take payment up front, a deposit or hold one for me, i have to wait until an emailshot confirms arrival of next batch.

Anyone got the new 10x up and running yet? Reports/videos welcome before i part with my dollar, if the mrs doesnt find it!!

Thats not quite what you were told.

Your attempted order never got as far as Worldpay, because your card issuer did not forward and authorise the transaction for payment.

This can happen for a number of reasons, but usually because your own card issuer is not satisfied that the card holder is actually using the card.

So, unfortunately, its between you and your card issuer, nothing to do with us.

Hi Garry.

My shooting pal bought the 10 x Drone pro from the shooting show.

We have been out with it a couple of times and it it very good - the picture is sharp and detailed.

The first night I head shot a fox at 220 yrds and several bunnies that were further - the image was crystal clear and the 10 mag helps for precision shooting.

Obvoiusly it needs good I/R illuminator - and my buddys Drone came with one as standard.

On a less possitive note - the Drone gobbles batteries for fun. So a decent supply - or rechargables is advised if you use NV often.

ATB

S

Just keen to get one asap, barclaycard are still saying the problem was your end!

I wish my wife was as difficult to give money to as you are..

No dog in this fight Gary, but who would you believe, someone trying to sell you something to make a living or a bank :)

Ian, there is no fight and hence no dog. I was merely trying to guage from the forum members if any others had had this problem, so that I could find out how to avoid it when purchasing the drone when they eventually become available. The guy at NVG (Craig? I think?). has been helpful, every time I had called (3 times in the last 2 months, asking about purchasing a drone). He always told me the only way to get a drone was to register on their website, and I would be informed 3 days before they went on sale on their website. I registered, I got the notification, and I tried to buy one. Shame he didn’t tell me to get up to the shooting show as he was selling them there. Anyway, still looking forward to seeing some footage of the new ones in action, if anyone has the ability to record and post a video of one in action, especially 220y shots, my kind of shooting!

While in shopping mode, get a thermal bought aswell Gary....

Where can these new units be sourced and what's the cost?

The only info I can find is that they are out of stock!

Thinking of that too! I do have a rather nice archer set up as a 6x spotter, works very well

Drone is £1699, including illuminator

I feel for you! I came in late Saturday night from shooting, just after the email was sent from NVG. I think I recieved the email at about 23:45 and bought one around 00:10 Sunday morning! Fortunately it all went through ok, and according to the wife, it arrived today and should be waiting for me when I get home from work in a little while! I haven't got a recorder thing so, sorry, no hope of any footage just yet.

I have been waiting for one I missed out on the first batch, but was fortunate to pick one up local just a couple of weeks old a lad found unsuitable for his air rifle

Early days yet but I had a little play with it the other night and its cracking bit of kit so well pleased up to now the supplied illuminator was very good I havnt tried my nm800 on it yet and idont think I need to , my mate brought his pvs 14 over and his archer over and his comments after a bit of playing were I prefer the new drone im having one !!

Hi Garry.

My shooting pal bought the 10 x Drone pro from the shooting show.

On a less possitive note - the Drone gobbles batteries for fun. So a decent supply - or rechargables is advised if you use NV often.

ATB

S

There is an auxilliary battery pack available for the Drone Pro, unlike the new Yukon Photon.

Drone battery life doesnt bother me as i use an archer spotter, would only switch it on for the shot (s). Just need to buy one of the flipping things before i blow the dosh!

Drone battery life doesnt bother me as i use an archer spotter, would only switch it on for the shot (s). Just need to buy one of the flipping things before i blow the dosh!

Thats the way to do it just switch on for the shot, i spot with thermal which stays on all night.

I've had a problem with Zero shift and I know why. The first was it won't take a nock so don't bang the scope it don't like it. I know this might sound stupid, but I'm out with mine a Lott and all my normal scopes and mounts take a fair bit of use. When the rifle flopped over on the top of the pick up plastic cover that was it I had to re zero. Also I've found make sure the mounts are really tight if you have one you'll know what I mean. I've got the grade three Archer and really get on much better with the Drone. I've found the NM800 makes all the difference I'm very happy on foxs out to 220yards shot one the other night at 280 plus strides and I was struggling to gage my hold over with the 223. I won't be doing that again ( I had to have a shot as we had the farm manager out and its lambing time) Ive had mine on the 22rim its devastating on rabbits on a windy night. I use the Archer and 38s thermal for spotting as the drone does eat battery's.

I buy cr123a off the internet battery station.co.uk.

£1.99 a pop I buy 20 at a time. Last a couple of weeks at a time if I don't forget to switch it off !

What happens as they run low? Gradual loss of performance or does it shut down??

There is battery life indicator on the screen in the scope, it's not too bad.

The scope will run for quite a while when the indicator shows zero and I have found the image quality drops off a few minutes before the battery finally gives up.

Found these last week........ Box of 10 Panasonics at £11 a go if you need a supply to keep you going. Use by dates are 2024.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-CR123 ... ords=cr123

Cheers

Fizz
icon_cool.gif

Posted on the NV forum on the 1st of March.......Just checked.... still 10 for £11 freepost.

Single battery packs... the two battery packs are more expensive.

Fizz

:ph34r:

I've had a problem with Zero shift and I know why. The first was it won't take a nock so don't bang the scope it don't like it. I know this might sound stupid, but I'm out with mine a Lott and all my normal scopes and mounts take a fair bit of use. When the rifle flopped over on the top of the pick up plastic cover that was it I had to re zero. Also I've found make sure the mounts are really tight if you have one you'll know what I mean. I've got the grade three Archer and really get on much better with the Drone. I've found the NM800 makes all the difference I'm very happy on foxs out to 220yards shot one the other night at 280 plus strides and I was struggling to gage my hold over with the 223. I won't be doing that again ( I had to have a shot as we had the farm manager out and its lambing time) Ive had mine on the 22rim its devastating on rabbits on a windy night. I use the Archer and 38s thermal for spotting as the drone does eat battery's.

Funny you say that, my rifle / Drone toppled off a short Harris onto grass last week and I thought nothing off it. Checked zero today after reading this and it was way out, I had assumed with the build that they could take a knock or two but this was a real eye opener. The reason I bought a Drone was because of holding zero issues with my N750 and doubler. When I say way off it wasn't even on my target board which is 2 ft wide and 3 ft tall !!!

NV kit gets a beating for some reason.

My 2014 DP is take off and on as it is repeatable on my picatinney. Zero never moved and I've given it plenty of opportunity to.

Archived