Stiller Spectre/AX .260

baldie

Finished this beauty this week.....my kinda gun !

IMG_2650_zps9b41fb30.jpg

This is a Stiller Spectre action and its designed to run the AW magazine as well as the AICS and AX variant. It has to be fitted to an AX stock however to achieve this.

IMG_2651_zps4a240cb3.jpg

However, upon bolting it all up, it wouldn't feed. Accuracy international have changed the internal profile of the action area on the new stocks. Into the Mill she went and 10 minutes later all was well. :D

IMG_2652_zps24e00f6e.jpg

Barrel is a Bartlien 1 in 8" varmint profile and is threaded 18mm x 1 and invisible capped with an 11 degree crown. It also has an ASE Borelock brake [not pictured ]

IMG_2653_zpsd4c70595.jpg

Trigger is a jewell and the barrelled action is finished in Cerakote Graphite black.

IMG_2654_zps3b7504c0.jpg

Stock is obviously the new model AICS AX.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't mine Swaro...its a customers.

Funny you should say that. I,m slowly clearing out all my own custom rifles, for one simple reason....I,m bored with them. When you build as many custom guns as I do, you get tired of the same old things.

I,m narrowing my collection down to a few AR,s an AX and an AW. I,ve just bought today also a "new " .303 no4 mk2 which has fired 2 proof rounds.

All I shoot these days is CSR and tactical sty;le comps. I,m keeping a .338 because I intend to visit Wales for some long range stuff in the future, on a regular basis.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you tell me what has to be done to the chassis for the new Spectre to fit?

The spectre is designed to drop straight in, the bottom is faceted to the same angles as the chassis .

Keith

The spectre used to drop into the stock previous to this model. Both the current AX and also the AICS AT now have ribs machined into the interface. These need to be removed for the action to sit in the proper position, otherwise its too high and doesn't feed.

Nowt of a job on a mill and then its all sorted.

• 1 year later...

hi man,

i also have a stiller spectre action but having some problems with the ai 10 shot mag fitting in it.. i read that you modified the chassis a bit but dont exactly understand what you mean. do you have pictures of it ( if you would be so kind )..

Archived