How Heavy?

Big Al

Just on 14lbs as is. 7mm RSAUM with 25.5inch mag sported contour Kreiger.

I do carry it about but it's too long to walk though thick woodland. I build it to snipe across fields/ valleys and on the hill. With Tab sling it's all good.

IMG_20141120_071848795_HDR_zpsj5kdttru.j

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently acquired a neoprene sling from a mate, I put it on a mid weight setup, about 4.5kg (10lb for you imperial luddites :-) ).

I was amazed at how much lighter it felt, the stretchiness of the sling must have taken all the jarring out of the movement, obviously the actual weight was the same, but it felt *much* lighter to carry.

I have another neoprene sling, Jack Pyke branded, which doesn't have this effect at all, don't know the brand of the new one, but it has an obvious stretchy feel to it.

if I am not mistaken edi thats one of your stocks

It is, it is the prototype that is made extremely light, 20% under production weight just to see how it holds up with rough use in the hills. After three years of use this rifle is now sold and the next project is the one further up in the thread. My new E-Tac3 test stock will be roughly 10% lighter than the previous one. R&D forces me to do some more stalking in the hills...how bad. :)

edi

Archived