How Heavy?

Big Al

that's the rifle I was telling you about L/H barnard SM action converted to AI mag .260 Krieger fluted barrel 26" A5 Adj McMillan stock

How do you find the AI mag conversion Barry? Does it feed well? What bottom metal is it?

You might remember from the Steel Safari challenge I too have a Barnard SM action and am afflicted by the lack of spare HS Precision mags.

Regards

Mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I carry a Remington PSS in .223 with a S&B 8x56 on top with a Wildcat Predetor 8 mod and harris bipod too. At night i also have a NM 800 light on top in red led on top the scope.I dont know the weight but i carry it all over the estate i shoot for and will do 5-6 miles on a regular basis. It keeps me fit along with beating in season at wk ends as well..Hugh.

You can bet yer boots it a remmy700 sh- action ;)

She's a lovely area when it ain't raining eh Edi? :P

Think that's his E-Tac 700 with Kahles scope

yep, rain is the killer, we are planning to go out in the morning (stevens day) forecast is for gales and rain....

rifle is a Brownells blued remmy action, 20" Bartlein medium palma tight bore.

edi

854b5591.jpg

My weighs just short of 14 pounds all in. With the sling I have on it now it ain't to bad to carry about. Changed the mod to a jet z cqb and the scope to a swarovski z6i 5-30 x 50.

854b5591.jpg

My weighs just short of 14 pounds all in. With the sling I have on it now it ain't to bad to carry about. Changed the mod to a jet z cqb and the scope to a swarovski z6i 5-30 x 50.

That brings back memories - had its bigger brother - Tac 2 a while ago, accurate enough, suggest you check for corrosion on the chassis / alloy mounting fixtures….

My heaviest, 11.5lbs including mod & bipod.

DSCN9397_zps24a24ec6.jpg

edi

What stock is that Edi?

Jamie

How do you find the AI mag conversion Barry? Does it feed well? What bottom metal is it?

You might remember from the Steel Safari challenge I too have a Barnard SM action and am afflicted by the lack of spare HS Precision mags.

Regards

Mike

sorry for late reply I have been ill yes the AI mag no problem at all for feeding very smooth no better than the HS but as you know AI easier to get hold of the bottom metal you wont go wrong with third eye

Jamie that is a PSE-Composites. My son made me that one as an experiment. The stock weighs only a tad over 800 grams / ~29oz. In it's third hunting season going strong.

edi

That's really nice Indeed! When you say your son made it, I presume you/He own's PSE-Composites?

Jamie

That brings back memories - had its bigger brother - Tac 2 a while ago, accurate enough, suggest you check for corrosion on the chassis / alloy mounting fixtures….

The fixings on the chassis seem to be fine. No furring up at all. As to accuracy- it shoots in the high 1s at 100 yards and under half moa at 600 yards with hand loads.

• 10 months later...

Started my new project based on a T3 will have a slightly narrower forend on the stock. Goal is to be under 3.5kg for the complete rifle fitted with a 22" shortened F/TR barrel. Stock out the mould was 550 grams and will weigh well under 800 grams when completed with adjustable cheek and bedding. Recon the T3 action is quite good for lightweight builds.

edi

in the raw....

DSCN2482_zpsfdxelv9b.jpg

Archived