Staffordshire synthetic stocks

I meant the stock. The finish looks fantastic.

I bought it as a blank stock through the gunsmith, think it was abou £4something??, we then had to inlet it for the quad lock and then have it sprayed etc so all in it worked out about 800 euro or so

It's painted and then hydro dipped and lacquered by hydro graphics in Dublin.

I bought it as a blank stock through the gunsmith, think it was abou £4something??, we then had to inlet it for the quad lock and then have it sprayed etc so all in it worked out about 800 euro or so

It's painted and then hydro dipped and lacquered by hydro graphics in Dublin.

Many thanks. You must have been pleased with how it turned out.

Had a thumbhole stock for my tikka made by danny a few years ago.

Great service and nice bloke

Must say he does seem a nice chap to deal with

He's even emailing me pics of the build as it goes on

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Gents

Just for the record, Terry Cross has not contacted SSS, we were looking into alternatives due to the problem in importing and Terry's very busy work schedule, however nobody is making Sentinels apart from Terry in the USA.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure about the cheek pieces being retained with sellotape though, can't see it lasting myself....... lol.

Yes they look very nice and might consider one for a future project.

Danny uses a very special type of sellotape ... it really lasts, and whilst he was waiting for the adjusters to dry he machined a new replacement recoil lug for my T3 and bedded it into the stock. Weight wise it was within an ounce of the T3 S/varmint stock it replaced. Well pleased and , IMNSHO, the workmanship and quality is better than the US stock I had on my previous rifle.

Are these guys going to da show ?

Someone posted somewhere that Staffs synthetics were updating their website....I'm still looking at an old website.. Q. Is the address still the same? or has it not been updated yet?

Just like to get some ideas and specs for a future build...

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted somewhere that Staffs synthetics were updating their website....I'm still looking at an old website.. Q. Is the address still the same? or has it not been updated yet?

Just like to get some ideas and specs for a future build...

Bump

Anyone???

I had a good chat with Danny on Friday at the show........ specifically about adding adjustable cheekpieces to my McMillan and a bog standard Tikka 595 synthetic stock to make the use of dedicated NV 'scopes just that bit easier.

"No problem with the McMillan and I'd fill the butt of the Tikka with a lightweight polymer to give us something to machine into... both would then be filled and re-finished to lose the small chips and imperfections as a result of the cutting process and then sprayed in a colour or colours of your choice" "You've got a choice of a straight up and down or one with sideways adjustment"

Result! :)

His 'easy' option was simply to build a fibreglass(?) saddle and fix it with a pair of thumbwheel bolts.... no good for me as I prefer thin ambidextrous stocks.

He then gave me a guided tour of his stocks and what goes into them....... very nice.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Archived