6mmBR

Jon B

I have just bought myself a 6mmBR F Class rifle, zeroed it at 200 yards, (totally destroyed the marking disk) has anyone got an elevation chart for a 6mmBR rifle please?

what combo of powder/bullet etc muzzle velocity?

i can give you MY data for a 108 berger with N150

there are a fair few 6br shooters on here who will help we just need some info.

Rough guide,,,300--2.5moa,,,400,,5.0moa,,,500,,8.25moa,,600,,11.75moa,,,,,,,,,,,,,these will get you close but you must get a programme and input accurate detail,,,,,you have bought a high end piece of kit no help come with it??possibly 6K of gear and not a clue? don,t understand this?

Morning, thanks for the figures, exactly what I wanted.

Just to clarify, the rifle came with loads of help and advice, including for when I start re loading for it, it is simply a new rifle and a new caliber to me, and I want to put the shots safely on the target board first time out.

"Possibly 6K of gear and not a clue?"

I shooot regularly with a .308 and shoot pretty well with it, as above new rifle new caliber, I would never assume that just because something is not cheap I will be proficient with it first time out, its all about learning and being safe.

So with the APP I downloaded, (suggested above) and the figures above, I am now looking forward to my next outing.

Thanks again.

Jon, the data should get you on paper-remember that your zero (200y) will have some effect,though not much at shorter ranges,and any data into a ballistic calculator may not be fine tuned for your load,but good enough,and once you have holes on paper,you can adjust accordingly.Might be worth a bore scope check that scope is about on/tad high before first shots...or large paper at say 50/100y?

The 6BR is a pleasure to shoot,and will shoot with a bit less elevation than the 308 all the way out (90-107 bullets are usually best for distance,lapua,sierra,Amax and vihtavuori seldom disappoint.) More accurate too,less recoil...what's not to like a lot? Enjoy.

gbal

Here are my come ups 200y 1moa;300 3moa,400 5.75moa,500 8.5 moa,60011.5 moa,80019.5 moa;1000 28.75moa,as you'd expect very similar to previous. This is 105 berger,and V150.

Jon, I suggest you visit the Berger website and download their ballistics program. from that you will get the drop charts you need once you have the data you need to input (MV etc.).

HTH

Archived