MDT LSS

brown dog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the exact same model in the safe now, albeit with a synt magazine.

After Christmas they will also be available for Tikka in LA calibres.

Haven't had time to mount a scope/ test it yet. First impression good 3850 grams without scope/ moderator.

The more I look at this, the more I like it -and Black Rifle has them in UK link

Anyone done one?

What's the cheekweld like with a CTR and 3/4" spacer

• 1 month later...

I received my LSS chassis in left hand for my .308 Remington 700. Custom Begarro 26" varmint barrel.

I built up the chassis and tested it with home loaded lapua 167gn scenar ammo.

Accurate is not the word.. More like awesome... 3 bullets in damn near 1 hole at 100yds..

The chassis has also taken away most of the recoil and it feels like a .243 to shoot..

How adjustable is it?

I'm thinking about putting one on my NV. A dedicate nv scope is so high up and in a funny position I need a good chassis or stock

How adjustable is it?

I'm thinking about putting one on my NV. A dedicate nv scope is so high up and in a funny position I need a good chassis or stock

If you couple the chassis with an adjustable buttstock like the PRS you get a lot of vertical movement (at a price). Alternatively use a Magpul CTR stock with a cheek riser. Most people use the 3/4" version, though if you want a higher mount there is an extra high version available too.

• 3 weeks later...

There certainly are (or at least were) some options for OD, I'll check which actions are catered for. What I do know is that if you're a left hooker then black is the only option...

Good to know! I've narrowed it to black action and OD furniture or vica versa. I'll probably text you once I've decided so I can start building up some of this rifle then! Ticket went in today so with any luck I can get the remi out of your way ASAP!

Fudd

Good to know! I've narrowed it to black action and OD furniture or vica versa. I'll probably text you once I've decided so I can start building up some of this rifle then! Ticket went in today so with any luck I can get the remi out of your way ASAP!

Fudd

You know I might just keep it, it did look and feel great in the LSS!

You know I might just keep it, it did look and feel great in the LSS!

Well that's no good, I'm going to have to buy the stock before you get a chance! Could you have look and see if it's still possible to get the LSS in OD green for us? Think that's what I'll go for

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to posting these up here. iPhone pics so not the best. A few changes since the original build and still a couple of bits and bobs to do, including fitting a picatinny rail so that I can use a more generic set of rings and free up the Optilocks for something else. It's likely the chassis will be Cerakoted soon too as the anodising, as stated elsewhere on here by Baldie I think, is indeed poor and has marked already from very light use.

Bolt handle and knob are from Resolution Precision, as is the still to be fitted Pic rail. Muzzle Brake is from Bradley Arms (Bradders) and I must say the service from both John Carr and Mark Bradley were exemplary and I would happily recommend their components to anyone. Chassis and folder etc. came from Black Rifle and again, great service. Barrel is from Border and is as excellent as all the others I've seen recently.

All work was by PJS Precision on this forum.

7081_zpskajaefaj.jpg

7082_zpsppmf9lgx.jpg

7084_zps1hfa4zkm.jpg

7083_zps464rpfmr.jpg

Cheers Bradders.

Mash67, the folder is excellent. I wasn't sure about it when I saw pictures but after I got my hands on it I had to have it! Lockup is rock solid. Still unsure about the stock itself. Trying to keep it light(ish) but could do with it a bit higher in the cheek. Maybe a CTR as mentioned.

Cheers Bradders.

Mash67, the folder is excellent. I wasn't sure about it when I saw pictures but after I got my hands on it I had to have it! Lockup is rock solid. Still unsure about the stock itself. Trying to keep it light(ish) but could do with it a bit higher in the cheek. Maybe a CTR as mentioned.

i would recommend a 3/4 inch riser works great on my ctr

Archived