Mouse trap bait

gunner

Whats the best ? I used peanut butter with results but this time there not touching it . Someone said flour once ? Cheers

I have used bacon rind, the advantage being it smells and can be tied on with cotton so it is not easy to remove.

This year in my new property I am trying poison. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a kilo of Black Pearl which apparently is the ultimate in rapid single dose poisons (Alphachloralose). The little buggers have had a kilo of Bromodialone poison in well under a week!

Mark

Sticky toffee and chocolate.....I use it regular.

If your intending to shoot them, the use vegetable oil, chocolate spread, peanut butter, and cat food warmed in a bowl over boiling water mixed up until it's runny.....smells Vile but works amazingly

I have used bacon rind, the advantage being it smells and can be tied on with cotton so it is not easy to remove.

This year in my new property I am trying poison. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a kilo of Black Pearl which apparently is the ultimate in rapid single dose poisons (Alphachloralose). The little buggers have had a kilo of Bromodialone poison in well under a week!

Mark

Black Pearls pants! If they have eaten 1 kg of Bromo stick with it and keep feeding it until they stop feeding, it can take almost a week to start working. Which BP have you got grain based or pasta?

Chocolate spread, they love it, also use the wooden "little nipper" traps with the hinged wooden base plate, with this type you are not reliant on them having to nibble the bait to spring the trap, it springs as soon as they step on it.

Adrian

Mark

It was always bacon that my father used when I was a boy, wired onto the trap so they had to give it a good tug. This seemed to be pretty effective as he killed dozens of the blighters every year.

Wow im spoilt for choice :D land mines ? ied maybe iv got some tubs that all have a bit left inc varget ! Ooooh a varget bomb ! Probably just try cheese with holes first lol - you kids !

Caught a load of mice in a plastic bin at our building site, bin is a bit over 2ft high and mice can't get out once they drop in after sandwich left overs etc. we just put the bin next to something that the mice can run up on.

edi

I have spent many nights carp fishing watching rats and mice avoid my traps mainly fenn traps they are clever little pests who can remove your bait with ease without getting caught but I finally bossed them by heating up the grease out of my bacon frying pan and pouring the fat on the trap it's like cat nip to rats anduce and as they carnt see it the just wade right in and get nailed every time

Archived