6.5 x 47 taking shape

Raifuru

My 6.5 is at last taking shape and after a morning of Neil following my instructions( :P )we managed to get the Rem 700 to drop in to the "Drop in" Dolphin stock. To be fair it does have a CG trigger and a rather large recoil lug.

Off to the range today and it behaved rather well with the 50 mag Sightron easily pulling enough light to see the rather dim enclosed target.

The dolphin stock is rather good, but a couple of minor design issues. The two holes for the check piece guides are not equidistant from the holes where you place the screws for the LOP adjustment so you can go so far then have to rely on one screw only.

From what I can see there is no way of removing the latest version of the cheek piece, so to clean I had to remove the stock completely. That concerns me as I do not want to go through a zeroing session to then have to dismantle the gun. I will let someone with more of a mechanical eye to look and see if that can be sorted.

Apart from that, the gun seems to have really pulled the group size in from when it was in the original stock.

Thanks Neil and Spud for getting the bits and doing the work.

It's interesting that you can't remove the cheek piece. I have the same stock and removed the check-piece to avoid it

resting my cheek on it (The Gun Pimp advised this and I practice this). If you want to pop down to me to compare stocks you'll be welcome.

It's interesting that you can't remove the cheek piece. I have the same stock and removed the check-piece to avoid it

resting my cheek on it (The Gun Pimp advised this and I practice this). If you want to pop down to me to compare stocks you'll be welcome.

Thanks very much for that. I may be missing something that will allow me to remove.

Can you PM me your number.

Thanks

The cheekpiece is held in with 2 knurled knobs, which when loosened allow you to just pull the cheekpiece and adjusting mechanism out.

Hope this helps

Mik

Hi Mik, My cheek piece was a conversion from the original design you did for me earlier this year and this used Allen screws so I'm guessing the reason for the OP's problem is those screws. Easily solved n'est pas?

Mark

Archived