paypal bstds

1967spud

SEEMS LIKE PAYPAL ARE RESTRICTING US BECAUSE WE TAKE PART IN THE LEGAL PURSUIT OF SHOOTING

SO AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME WE CANT NOT TAKE PAYPAL OR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENT ON-LINE OR OVER THE PHONE

WE ARE CURRENTLY FRANTICALLY TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS AS I TYPE

PLEASE PHONE US 01263 732740 FOR HELP OR OTHER OPTIONS WHICH ARE STILL WORKING FINE IN THE CHECK OUT

MANY APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AT THIS TIM

This is Industry wide!!

We have just had to change banks and credit card providers, as our bank, who we have been with for 28 years

politely told us that we were no longer wanted 'It was a repuational thing'

They did allow us the courtesy of 6 months to move, but that was mainly our bank managers doing, as I think he felt pretty bad about it!!!

Finding a Bank, was not easy, nor was finding a credit card provider, This has happened to others in the Industry incl some fairly

big compamies in the Gov & Mil market. Some well know names have had accounts shut with no notice and there balance returned to them via

a cheque!! a cheque is as much use as a chocolate teapot if you dont have an account to put it in???

Spud if you call Tina this morning, she will put you onto someone that may be able to help you re a credit card facility

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but it seems to get harder every time you try to export or import something!!

But if they can remove the gun industry by legislation and lack of banking facilities, shooting will die a slow painfull death

Just my two pence worth

Mik

I sold a rifle a couple of years ago and took a deposit by paypal..... (The reference stated Buckmark)My account was then suspended due to me contravening their acceptable use policy???

I told them to shove it and have never used them since.

Hope you get sorted.....

quick update

account is restored so i can take credit cards etc again now or in 20 mins or so and a new system is being installed in the next 24 hours then i will saying good bye to paypal

no apology at all from them

They seem to have double standards. I've been buying shooting related things from eBay for years from sellers with guns in their name, all paid through the eBay owned PayPal.

It would be ideal if an organisation such as the NRA or BASC could set up a viable banking and payment system with a sympathetic financial organisation to ensure RFDs and their customers can continue with our perfectly legal sport. Out of the reach of the hypocritical policies of people such as PayPal and the Co-Op bank.

I wonder if BASC could liaise with the financial ombudsmen and see if there has been any malpractice here. I was thinking how the hell would any other customers know their account holders details if they abide by customer confidentiality. If any of their staff have issues they should just suck it up and deal with it; they should be grateful they still have a job after the tax payers have bailed most of them out 6 years ago.

you can add Llyods to that list as well???

I know of several companies that now bank under a different name, the name no longer has any mention of

GUN, FIREARM, TACTICAL etc in it

I think is a UK wide thing with the banks

Personally we have yet to have a bank manager come for a custom rifle build

I am either going to charge like a wounded rhinocerous or refuse him our services, havent decide which yet :D

Never had any problem with Nat West. My company banking is with them, and the company I trained with over 30 years ago was always with them, and they were gunsmiths/fieldsports equipment retailers.

Both branches I use are very interested in what I do, and very helpful.

you can add Llyods to that list as well???

Would that be the same Lloyds that has a rifle club in an old redundant ticket office next to a 1970's BR sleeper coach?? ;)

Mrs Strangely Brown who worked for Lloyds for 38 years once showed me the staff magazine just after the merger with TSB. A letter from one of the new TSB staff was writing to say he could not believe his new employers supported shooting!

Not too long after that managers were told they could not act as referees for FAC applicants; the writing was on the wall for the future........... :mad:

Update; New c/card payment gateway set up , paypal still there for the moment but will be turned off after a day or two of getting use the the newone.

Happy days

if its any use to any traders out there google "paymentsense" for a really friendly alternative

Lloyds still appear to have an active club................ http://www.ltsbrifleclub.org.uk/?page_id=37

H/man

Yes they appear to have a full shooting calendar.

I love the club house and accommodation; just the right mix of Bisley history and so authentic, it must of taken years to perfect the smell of stale urine and Jeyes fluid in that carriage!

PayPal closed me down for 24 hours without any warning a few months ago. I had to agree to remove moderators, high capacity magazines,laser designators and laser sights from the website. I complied to get the account unblocked and have now changed my cc merchant and will say goodbye to PayPal asap. I've been with them for 10 years and put many sales of those items through their virtual terminal and they didn't complain about that ! Santander have been gun trade friendly so far and still remain our bank.

Archived