longrange

Hi All

Where the arrow is there are 4 shots at a 1000 yards the 5th was a flyer not bad for my old man. If the 5th had of been there that would of been a new uk and world record. Maybe next time

1922378_10204569865400301_41518998239243

Stuart Lumb

New record? - Only if it was shot in an approved comp. Stuart. Why not have a trip down to Diggle and shoot with a few like-minded folk.

Hi All

Where the arrow is there are 4 shots at a 1000 yards the 5th was a flyer not bad for my old man. If the 5th had of been there that would of been a new uk and world record. Maybe next time

1922378_10204569865400301_41518998239243

Stuart Lumb

Just out of interest more than anything what is the UK and world record at 1000yds?

2.6872 inches for 10 (ten) shots. US this year,in a competition relay.

Dasher,105 Berger Hybrids,Borden action,Krieger and Night Force,of course.

There are others,but that's impressive.

gbal

2.6872 inches for 10 (ten) shots. US this year,in a competition relay.

Dasher,105 Berger Hybrids,Borden action,Krieger and Night Force,of course.

There are others,but that's impressive.

gbal

Thanks.

The Gun Pimp-still holds the uk record for 1000yds shot at diggle in 1840[just joking vince] shooting his "BIFFO" rifle- Cant remember exactly but its below 4" i was looking at his photo in the range house last week and wondering if someone will break it any time soon.

The Gun Pimp-still holds the uk record for 1000yds shot at diggle in 1840[just joking vince] shooting his "BIFFO" rifle- Cant remember exactly but its below 4" i was looking at his photo in the range house last week and wondering if someone will break it any time soon.

The UK record is 2.67 inches for 5 shots at 1000 yards (7mmWSM) and the UK 10 shot group record is 7.507 inches - set a couple of weeks ago by Steve Barrett with his 284

Hi Guys
Thank you very much for the kind comments , I put the flyer shot down to the sound mod coming slightly loose on its screw fixing ( I hope I have fixed this now fingers crossed ! ) , on inspection it looks as though a bullet has slightly grazed inside of the last stainless steel baffle ! Thats how it appears anyway.

Regards

Steve

Hi Guys

Thank you very much for the kind comments , I put the flyer shot down to the sound mod coming slightly loose on its screw fixing ( I hope I have fixed this now fingers crossed ! ) , on inspection it looks as though a bullet has slightly grazed inside of the last stainless steel baffle ! Thats how it appears anyway.

Regards

Steve

It would be good to see this rifle shoot at a 1000yd UKBRA competition at Diggle to find out how good it is or if it was a lucky 4 shot group.

It would be good to see this rifle shoot at a 1000yd UKBRA competition at Diggle to find out how good it is or if it was a lucky 4 shot group.

Or at any of the F Class matches

Is there any connection here with Northern Optics i in the past have purchased Burris rings from them nice bunch to deal with

It is indeed Gunnery.

The whole lot of the lads involved in the new range seem a good bunch.

Archived