223 Straight pull - Thanks Bradders

Ronin

That clip doesn't actually show the best bit of the scene. Afterwards someone asks the De Niro character "So what is the colour of the boathouse at Hereford?" His answer: "How the f*#k should I know?"

Now that I think about it, absolutely the best thing about that film is Natasha McElhone - despite her dodgy Irish accent. What a beautiful woman!

Of course, none of this has anything whatsoever to do with Bradders' fine rifles!

Apologies to Bradders in deviating from his thread. Enough of the boathouse already!!

Took the AR to a local shoot today to sight it in and check functionality.

Had unknown Federal FMJ (unknown weight) and some Mil surp 5910-1050 (again weight unknown) lying around.

Main reason being I wanted a supply of fired brass so I can start loading 77g SMK.

Functionality superb - no issues with cycling, trigger very clean to break and no recoil - as expected.

Accuracy - milsurp wasn't great - holding around 5 inches

Federal, a lot better - around two inches, with several three together and two just off...

Suspect barrel will perform a whole lot better with bullets suited to its twist rate.

Very pleased with it so far - grin factor is immense

:)

Ive gone through so many rifles for a do all stalker / tactical comp gun that I went full circle Ai to AI.

Nothing comes close in my view - the brand, does what it says on the tin

As far as the Ar goes, its just a straight pull 223, something I can use in CSR comps - I'm letting a very nice 22-250 AI go in its place.

Think I can just turn up with this then?

I only took this picture after they had allied it up and fitted the bipod incorrectly. I did chuckle to my self, and attached a charming note, on completion of its annual inspection.

Iv just checked the rules, doesn't say a thing! Id have to take the back to front bipod off though if in Service optics. plus find something that wasn't such a good magnification scope wise. Couldn't even fit the 6x48 Acog.

Plus make the trigger pull heavier. 4.5lbs min disgraceful.

Who rights these rules.

Id still have a go though.

:D

Think I can just turn up with this then?

I only took this picture after they had allied it up and fitted the bipod incorrectly. I did chuckle to my self, and attached a charming note, on completion of its annual inspection.

A nice well-used Sniper Support Weapon. Of course they wouldn't have to ally it up if the MOD didn't insist on buying weapons finished in black.

Archived