Well they're done

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skany

that particular barrel is .830" at the muzzle, it is quite thick enough, it looks skinny only when put next to the big bore exhaust on the BAT.

ahhh cool

glad u said that:-)

Andy

Hi Andy

Sweeeeet looking rifles, love the Manners, do you order these direct or through a UK dealer ??

Presume the 34mm lapping kit is for one of these babies :P Still not arrived with me yet !! Due in next 3-5 days. Just as well really the scopes not due until begining of May, if you need it before my scope arrives give me a PM

Looking forward to the rifle reviews :)

Cheers Steve

Steve

thanks, I have some 34mm rings en route, I will need the lap kit soon, maybe 8 days time, depends on how Kal gets on with his paintbrush..

Want (need) to get into load dev asap after coating.

Manners stocks, contact Thomas Manners direct via the e-mail address or telephone, they are good to deal with and the product arrives on time.

You do need to do a bit of work to make them fit though - just like every other "drop in" stock.

Steve

thanks, I have some 34mm rings en route, I will need the lap kit soon, maybe 8 days time, depends on how Kal gets on with his paintbrush..

Andy

When it arrives I'll pm you for your address, and send it to you, dont want hold up these cuties :P:) Which rings did you opt for ???

Steve

Andy

When it arrives I'll pm you for your address, and send it to you, dont want hold up these cuties :huh::huh: Which rings did you opt for ???

Steve

Have some 34mm Badger rings on route mate, not sure if they are high or extra high, I just send the spec off and the rings appear, "as if by majik" ;)

Pricing is estimate - parts only, I have no idea what the labour cost would be from a pro smith, but I guess you could easily add another £1000 to the totals...

Stiller Predator - £800 inc timney trigger, 20 MOA rail and pinned lug

Barrel - circa £250

AICS - £550 (i think)

= £1600

New TRG is £2k without rail?

Pretty sure I know which way I would go if I were making a choice bettween a factory or custom rifle - but I guess that is easy for me to decide! :blink:

The AICS (if they suit you) are the most cost effective stock for a custom build - no bedding required, no extra mag system to buy, all in one neat package.

+1 on the aics. However, they do work better bedded Andy.They are the same as the remmy pss etc, ie , all the stocks with an aluminium spine...they will accept any remmy action, but arent necessarily a great fit.Yes they work...but better, bedded. [ bit like a woman] :blink:

Baldie

mixing Devcon as I type - well not really but I am doing it tonight. (bit of bedding that is ;) )

Steve

I took them both to Birmingham (and another rifle ive done - Barnard single shot in 7mm/270WSM) - they all passed proof with no problems and the only marks they got while in the Proof House were made by the engraver!

Happy boy :o

My Bat is now with young Kal so he can work his majik :blink:

Stiller now residing in the AICS in a lovely bed of setting Devcon ;)

Just recieved this from the chap who owns the Stiller

Once boresighted during barrel break in, he shot 5 rounds (cleaning after each shot) 100 yards, NO load development and gusty crosswind.

IMG_7444.jpg

He is a happy chap ;) (and so am I)

Providing Kal gets his nose out of his thinners tin , I may be able to shoot the BAT this week :o

Just recieved this from the chap who owns the Stiller

Once boresighted during barrel break in, he shot 5 rounds (cleaning after each shot) 100 yards, NO load development and gusty crosswind.

IMG_7444.jpg

He is a happy chap ;) (and so am I)

Providing Kal gets his nose out of his thinners tin , I may be able to shoot the BAT this week :o

Wots that man...thinners, ah yeagh...! B)

Been quiet for a couple of days as my ISP is down and i'm using a mates steam driven computer at the moment :lol:

I recieved the rifle back from Kal yesterday, top job is all I can say.

DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0814.jpg

DSCN0815.jpg

Notice how he's masked off the raceways so the bolt slides effortlessly

DSCN0816.jpg

DSCN0820.jpg

Went to the range with Kal and he shot a few groups with his 6.5x284 whilst I broke in the 6.5x47 barrel.

Four shots cleaning after each one then it came clean, so went for a group

DSCN0823.jpg

With no load dev, it measures .250" centre to centre - well happy (37g RL15 = 2860fps).

The Stiller Predator is running at average group of .4"s with Varget and 3100fps ;)

I'm not sure about the A.R.M.S. ringset, they seem a bit high, hopefullt the Badger rings will arrive before the Czech comp, they should be a bit lower.....

We finished the day with a bit of vitamin C target shooting and all connected with grapefruit at 680 yards with our respective rifles.

This was a first for Kal who didnt believe it was possible and for me having only shot the BAT a total of twelve rounds words fail me.

It dont get much better :lol:

Been quiet for a couple of days as my ISP is down and i'm using a mates steam driven computer at the moment :lol:

Cannot post pics, but I recieved the rifle back from Kal yesterday, top job is all I can say without photos.

Went to the range with Kal and he shot a few groups with his 6.5x284 whilst I broke in the 6.5x47 barrel.

Then went for a three shot group - no load dev, .250" - well happy (37g RL15 = 2860fps).

The Stiller Predator is running at average group of .4" with Varget and 3100fps ;)

hi ronin

get some picks up and lets have a look at her.

has your action been coated all ready??

ATB

Colin :lol:

Archived