question on quickload

bob64

question on quick load saw bit of a demo the other day on the net ,where its says case capacity weight

in CC do you fill a fired case with water to the top and weight the water in the case. or am i barking

up the wrong tree.can some one explain to me in old money how its done.

thanking all who reply for there help.

bob64

Guest varmartin

What I usually do is this......

Weigh a case on digi scales in grains, zero the scales ( tar ) function, remove case and fill to brim with tap water.

Re weigh case and you will get the H2O capacity in grains.

If this reading is different to the default reading in quick load...(and it may well be due to case and chamber differences)

Change the reading in the relevant box for a more accurate calculation.

What I usually do is this......

Weigh a case on digi scales in grains, zero the scales ( tar ) function, remove case and fill to brim with tap water.

Re weigh case and you will get the H2O capacity in grains.

If this reading is different to the default reading in quick load...(and it may well be due to case and chamber differences)

Change the reading in the relevant box for a more accurate calculation.

thanks thats great just what i wanted to know.

bob64

+2 from me as well.

Thats exactly what I did to find out the max case capacity for the different brass I've got because I bought Quickload ver3.4 and it showed that the loads I have tried and found to be very good where HIGH pressure using the default max setting, although on an earlier version they showed OK, after I weighed them and adjusted the max capacity entry the loads once more showed acceptable projected pressure readings.

As a special offer JMS have offered a 10% discount off Quickload to all members of the forum

This is arguably the best ballistics program on the market and is a superb offer so many thanks to Julian

Archived