Suction fitted lamp for the motor!!

Ive just been round my new patch yesterday evening. And must say I was impressed big time seen Roe, signs of the reds, plenty crows, rabbits and with good access into the fields perfect for lamping charlie ;)

Now I dont want to wreck my jeep by cutting a hole in the roof so Im looking at getting a sensibly priced (sub £100) lamp that uses a suction fitting with perhaps a remote lead incase I ever go out myself!

What would you recomend?

Hi

Don't know how much of a help this could be as I cant offer recommendation for any of the items but i found this web link and there are a few towards the bottom of the list that suction mount, are remote controlled and run off the cigarette lighter.

Hope this helps

http://www.outdoorsman.co.uk/index.html?la...arget=d157.html

Regards

Hi Guys

Appologies on that then, was in work and in need of something to fill the boredom so thought I would have a look see what i could find. That was about it at under £100 and like i said i haven't used them so don't know, my mistake.

The idea for the Culite seems like a good idea though, may look into doing that with mine.

Regards

Lightforce do a suction fitting arm that sticks to the roof, a 170 or 24o lamp can then fit to the handle which fits on the end. You operate it out of the drivers window with your right hand, it folds away when you want to open the door but with my Disco the roof os high enough not to need to . I have used one for about 10 years with no probs for single handed lamping.

Most of the bigger retailers should be able to order it from Ruag the UK agents, make sure you get a 240 lamp to fit it, adds well over 100 extra yards to the usable range. If the retailer tells you it cant be done they are simply wrong, I have done it. It is a shown in the Lightforce catalog.

http://www.lightforce.net.au/remote.html

Sorry, I have just noticed the bit about sub £100, this set up will be double that and some. Still usefull info for you though. Where did you get that pic !

A

Cheers lads for the input :)

Hi nutty

Don't bother with the roto light as they are crap. I made a suction pad for my clulite lamp from a glass/floor tile lifter and it works a treat.Check out screwfix for one.

Prov

Do you have any photos mate! Im a wee bit thick if it aint made of wood!!!!!

Have a look at this

http://www.lamping.co.uk/golight.htm

Its available considerably cheaper than they quote but its the first decent pic I could find.

I have one myself and its excellent. You can get coloured and IR filters too

Mark

Archived