Cleaning the crown ?

gunner

Want to know whats the best safest way to properly do it ? And what solvent / cleaner do you use ? TIA -tim

Use a small kids paint brush dipped in bore solvent, you can work it up into a foam, then leave and wipe off with a patch, it takes a while a Vince says, but it works a treat.

Cheers

Bruce

i stick a wet patch with kg 10 ? on and let it soak gets rid of most of the fouling then polish it with jb bore paste on a patch .l just press the patch down with my thumb and a few twists gets it looking new,not sure if the jb is the best idea but not done any harm so far

Thanks peeps , re the crown , i bet she dont polish it ! But i know what she could polish :wacko: hhmm a little inappropriate me thinks - im getting my coat also

• 2 weeks later...

i stick a wet patch with kg 10 ? on and let it soak gets rid of most of the fouling then polish it with jb bore paste on a patch .l just press the patch down with my thumb and a few twists gets it looking new,not sure if the jb is the best idea but not done any harm so far

I do the same. KG1 to remove the bulk of it then JB or Brasso on a cotton bud. That way don't polish the rifling and it doesn't take much to move the carbon with a lapping compound.

Archived