25-06

sauer

hiya folks

i have a sauer 25-06...and i am using currently nossler 115grain ballistic tips with vhit N160 47.8grains of.

any of you guys got a bullet/powder combo that your finding sh!t hot???

mines is ok but still "tweaking"

also finding it bloody frustrating to get bullet heads up here in angus.....or at least a decent range of em!!!

sauer

Speer 100g Hot Core, Vit 160 (53grains), = 3300fps and one hole groups with my Rem.

Drops any sized deer without fail.

Ronin what primmer? as i had hornaday 100g inter-lok & 53g N160 like you said very good in my tikka 695 for what it is a standard rifle 3/4" groups.

I got my hands on nosler BT & speer spbt 100g but they shot 1 1/2" with 53g & i thought/hoped to see them shoot the same as inter-lok. I have to do some playing with these bullet to see what i can do might get out tomorrow as iv done 3 sets of 5 1st set is 52g next 54g & 54.8g next sized only see what happens.

I know where sauer comes from i cant get heads for love nor money up here just now.

Get the same results with CCI Benchrest and Fed 210m's

Dont forget all rifles are different so what mine likes will not automatically mean yours likes the same.

I got good results with 117g hornady Interlocks too, will dig out load data for that as soon as I can.

100ng Hornady Spire Points with 52.7gns Accuracy 4350 and Remington 91/2 Primers. gives 3150f/s and .75" five shot group. However, that was using a Swarovski fixed power scope with a large dot in the first focal plane. The dot covered the two inner rings of the target.

P.S. Rifle is a Sauer Outback.

Im using 115grn noslers B/tips with 47.5 grns of vectan tu7000 I hanv't chronoed them but did manage 3 shots into the same hole but Ive never done that again but I think thats down to my quality control or lack of and user error! I can get the noslers from bushwear no probs.

• 2 weeks later...

Im finding the nosler prices hard to swallow thats 3 boxes since the end of jan so they are OK if its just for stalking but when its 1 rifle for all its a tad OTT!

Ive just ordered 100grn hornadys to try, I was going to try speer aswell but after finding out 1 cust waited 3 months for gmk to supply 100grn soft points for his 243 I think Ill give them a body swerve. Im planning on try 100grn gamekings and 100 remington power lock also.

Archived