Thermal imagers

fox 1

hi lads, well haveing been out two or three nights with the hd 50 all i can say is what a peace of kit, i do a lot on my own ambushing so it comes in to its own. so light to look round with and with external battery pack on side you dont have to keep turning it off, just lay it down when you go to shoot.i have only had it for the week on loan so i think for shore i am going to miss it, £3400 is a lot of money at this time for me but i had to try one to see what people was talking about, but i will have one eventually, i had five saturday night on my own in three hrs so well chuffed, well i did go to new ground and the first three foxes walked to me with out me haveing to move, it was on land near the wash and been waiting for the corn to be dropped so we could go there, arrr by the way, befor some one askes i am useing a ar15 20in barrel 1 in 8 twist with left hand cocking so i can catch the 223 bullets in my right because i load my own, 60 grn bt deadly, with pulsar 550 with night master 800. the other two i got on the way home looking on other permissions. one dog fox three vixon cubs one dog cub all over half grown.i am thinking of trying the 19 the cheaper virsion, to see if it will do 4 to 500 yrds because for ambushing thats all you need.while i was waiting for the second fox, i see two roe deer at about 600 yrds and you could tell quit clearly that they was bigger than foxes. and whatching mice and rats on the field and the owls flying staight at you its a nuther world out there on your own.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived