30 Cal Berger 210 grn Powder Choice

Brillo

I'm having a 10 twist Benchmark barrel fitted to my .308 so it will be suited to (but not exclusively) the 210 grn Berger bullet. For those of you who use this pill, what is the best powder for these heavyweights and why?

Many thanks

Elcho 17/ Reloader 17 or N550

They are about optimum to produce decent velocities and keep in pressure limits.

To get the best the chamber needs to be throated right out so if set up properly for 210's that's all you can use.

Cheers

Dave

Also, use Lapua 'Palma' small primer brass. Most 210 users far prefer the LR BT version to the VLD, so that's the one to have the barrel throated to suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, use Lapua 'Palma' small primer brass. Most 210 users far prefer the LR BT version to the VLD, so that's the one to have the barrel throated to suit.

Hi Laurie, Which bullet when loaded would have a Longer OAL measurement from case base to Bullet Tip when Loaded to "Touch Lands" in same chamber between the 210g VLD and 210 BT LR for .308, thanks.

Hi Laurie, Which bullet when loaded would have a Longer OAL measurement from case base to Bullet Tip when Loaded to "Touch Lands" in same chamber between the 210g VLD and 210 BT LR for .308, thanks.

Search me! Nobody (well, nobody doing the job properly) talks basic (to tip) COAL in this sort of match bullet load. It's case-head to ogive/shoulder measurement using a comparator. And as a 'comparator' compares, and isn't a true measuring tool, that's a measurement that's specific to that particular insert in the user's comparator holder.

FWIW, Berger VLDs loaded to the lands usually have larger COALs than equivalent BTs, and both are often 'beaten' by same or close weight Hybrids as it normally comes down the length of the neck section with bullet OAL.

Search me! Nobody (well, nobody doing the job properly) talks basic (to tip) COAL in this sort of match bullet load. It's case-head to ogive/shoulder measurement using a comparator. And as a 'comparator' compares, and isn't a true measuring tool, that's a measurement that's specific to that particular insert in the user's comparator holder.

FWIW, Berger VLDs loaded to the lands usually have larger COALs than equivalent BTs, and both are often 'beaten' by same or close weight Hybrids as it normally comes down the length of the neck section with bullet OAL.

Thanks for Info Laurie.

Archived