What age??

PaulB

I see no one has come forward to say they started later in life,

so I guess the next question is????

If the opportunity of shooting at an early age had not come along then would you have taken it up at 21, or would your interests have moved on to say football, drinking and fighting, racing cars down back streets, collecting stamps ;) , ladies :D ( or may be gents :lol: ) train spotting ( cryptic :rolleyes: )

Guest varmartin

I started later in life...think I was 19 and she was a 21 year old Dutch Girl.....but thats another tail.. :rolleyes:

If it wasnt guns it would have been cars or fighting...I studied `Zen shin Do` and `ShotoKan` Karate for a while.

Dropped it to pursue my shooting.

I was given my first air rifle by my dad at 7 years. An early Diana model ...they seem popular on here.

Shot any thing that had fur or feather with it. I was given a Cooey .410 at the age of 12 which was not kept for long as it was resold to a bloke in the pub by my Dad..... ;)

I used to shoot Dads BSA Sportsman 15 .22lr when we went out together, he would take the close one with a 12 gauge.

Had various BSA`s , Webley`s and HW` springers , then moved on to PCP air rifles at 18 when I joined a field target club shooting for Cornwall. Won 1 or 2 trophy`s for the trouble , then gave up shooting steel and continued looking for live game.

I dont think I have ever shot so many rabbits as I did when I had an Air Arms S410 carbine..

Sold all my Air rifles when I met my wife as we needed all the money we could to put a deposit on our first house.

Had a couple of shotguns in my 20`s...There were also lots of Mountain bikes and fishing gear bought and sold in between but they moved on too.

Started buying Centre Fires in my 30`s and have not wished I took up any other sports or hobbies since.

Guest wireviz

[shooting wasn't handed down to me i was not so lucky as you lads i had to bungee work hard for me little bit of Scotland after picking up my first rifle only a few years ago i have now moved on and can call my self an accomplished deer stalker.

So what age did i start 40 ish .LOOKS LIKE I GOT A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO :rolleyes:

Archived