1cm clicks and mils the same on a pmii

Herbert2007

Hi trying to work out a drop chart for my new scope and have changed from a nightforce with MOA to a pmii (double turn turret) which I was sold it as being mils but I'm getting confused as it says 1cm Klicks. I'm trying to use the Ballistic app for a head start but it offers both as different options 1cm clicks and milrads.

Am I being thick and can some one please help as I'm used to MOA

Thanks

1 click = .1 mil = 1cm shift at 100 metres per Johns post above.

10 clicks = 1 mil shift (about 3.6 inches)

They are the same measure expressed in different ways ....just remember that you have a scope which gives you 1 cm POI change at 100m and you will be fine.......I assume that your ballistic app will allow you to enter this graduation and return a shot resolution showing clicks?

When changing from MOA the major mental issue is whether or not your 'minds eye' can visualise centimetres on a target vs inches which most of us old farts are used to!!!

I have to disagree. I find it much more difficult to think in linear distances on the target, because the conversion changes at every distance. It is so much easier once you realise that MOA or Mils are angles. Think how many mils you need to change the point of impact. You can use the reticle to measure the adjustment required. If your scope is First Focal Planet this will also work at any magnification.

Shuggy...absolutely no argument from me re your post although 2FP and mixed (moa / mil) turret v reticle markings on many scopes don't help matters much.

Familiarity with the concepts and your own gear is the key.

Shuggy...absolutely no argument from me re your post although 2FP and mixed (moa / mil) turret v reticle markings on many scopes don't help matters much.

Familiarity with the concepts and your own gear is the key.

You're absolutely right. I've said this before, but I have to wonder why I spent so many years trying to work with 2FP and mixed MOA/Mil scopes and trying to think in linear measurements. FFP and Mil/Mil is so easy by comparison.

• 1 month later...

1 milliradian is a measure of angle. It covers 10cm at 100m; 20 cm at 200 and so on, 100cm at 1.000 m.

0,1 milliradian angle covers 1 cm at 100 m. 1 cm clicks means 0,1 milliradian.

You're absolutely right. I've said this before, but I have to wonder why I spent so many years trying to work with 2FP and mixed MOA/Mil scopes and trying to think in linear measurements. FFP and Mil/Mil is so easy by comparison.

Gosh this does repeat....m of ANGLE seems well, ....,an angular measurement too....

Of course working in two different units is a recipe for more difficulty than using a common unit.. but which unit is really a matter of choice,each having advantages and disadvantages.

There are often easy and difficult ways to do what is essentially basic math : arabic numbers (1,2,3,4 etc) are a whole bunch easier to use when doing logarithms than are Roman numerals (I,II,III,iV....)but both will give the same answer,of course,and so is simple arithmetic-try adding 13543 and 25442 with the same expressed in Roman numerals.....:

13543 I III V IV III

25442 II V IV IV II

-------- OR ---------------------------

Familiarity of course helps,just as it does to practice either moa or mils.

The choice of system

is relatively free,but mixing them up is asking for a harder life....until you are fluent in each...

1 III 5 4 III

II 5 IV IV 2

_________

38985 easy peasy or .........III 8 IX VIII 5 or......

Next:we bring you -the Monty Python semaphore version of "Wuthering Heights".....Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh

Gbal

Archived