New PCP Plinker

Ronin

LG110 HP

All I can say is WOW!!!!

Steyr LG 110 HP in .177

I screw cut the barrel 1/2" UNEF and added the LEI Mod, I've also made an adaptor to get a Harris on the rail underneath by modifying an AI short rail...

PM 11 sits on a modified Hawke 11mm rail to Weaver adaptor (Ive milled the weaver slot to picatinny size.

Its a shade under 12ft lbs with a new transfer port I ordered from Intershoot - the standard transfer port was anaemic….I considered opening up the port, but now I've one standard and one bang on the money

I nearly bought a Daystate Air Ranger, but couldn't get on with the f-ugly stock, the Steyr ticks every box for me.

DSCN4182_zps6af143c2.jpg

DSCN4180_zps6a82b5ef.jpg

DSCN4179_zpsab056a85.jpg

DSCN4178_zps5b60a29c.jpg

DSCN4181_zpse4a45913.jpg

35 yds, ten, yes 10 shot group - amazing, if only all load development was this easy - JSB Exact pellets by the way

DSCN4177_zps99ac36bc.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WoW - these are just stunning for a pcp , accuracy is like a top GP sergeon ! Need to see it :) im not gunna ask how much :o

Now I do like that :) do you mind me asking what the rifle costs ?

Been along time since I've used air ;)

Gaz

My left testicle

OK, I'll be the first to admit I know little about air weapons, but I have to ask why on earth does a .177 air gun need an S&B PMII scope?

PM11 not re parallaxed, but its just about focussed at 35 yards.

I will be changing to something more suitable - my March 5-40 FX focuses down to 15 yds - I may use that on it...

Cost, no it wasn't cheap, about the same price as any high end PCP.

Id rather pay once and cry once than buy something that will be back and forth under warranty - one of the reasons I bought the Steyr is they have a good reliability record where other manufacturers don't.

You can also buy any or most parts for them as the internals are modular (I understand)

The fit and finish of the parts is superb, the trigger is two stage and perfect from the box in weight and travel.

Set up was a doddle once id accumulated the parts I wanted for the use I'm putting it to.

Scope will probably be a cheapie MTC or Vortex.

Though I may just use the March to annoy people ;)

I bought it because I like the looks, couldn't care less about the price and wanted one.

Work hard, play hard, enjoy life and I can't take it with me - my motto

I nearly bought a Daystate Air Ranger, but couldn't get on with the f-ugly stock, the Steyr ticks every box for me.

Gotta say Andy that's really is a thing of beauty.

I was going to have a look for an Air Wolf or Air Ranger at the CLA this weekend but may have just change my mind.

What was it about the Daystate stock you didn't like?

The transition from wood to air bottle never seemed right to my eye.

Neither did the depth of the Air Wolf / Ranger stock - too "chunky"

The Steyr is "just right"

Ive got a little bit more to do on it yet - polish the internals - hammer and spring and change the scope to something more suitable.

But as far as air rifles go, in my view its about perfect.

Oh and its for greys, high greys…..

wtf andy! that is really nice now i've seen the pictures!

is it fac?

did you get a prosthetic testicle fitted to replace the one you gave? my old flat mate had one, it was very amusing.....

you gonna take it to the next league shoot? looks like it's grouping better than your 7mm :D

i'll get my coat now......

Leave now, shut the door, keep walking,,, :lol:

Not FAC, though I may convert it.

Andy, Have a look at the Hawke range. I know people poo-poo them , especially after using fullbore top end sights....but you will be amazed at the optical quality at air rifle ranges.

They do several now with state of the art ballistic reticules which are tailor made for different pellets/power in a 12 ft/lbs gun.

I have the nite-eye digi-IR 4-16 x 50 on my Ultraglide TX200SR and its superb.

You wont become a Eunech paying for it either... :lol:

Cheers Dave

i'll have a look at them, it doesn't have to be high end for the air rifle ranges.

Archived