passing a deer cal for fox as well as deer

bigun

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest apollo

Gwent have stopped putting fox on thier certs now and use vermin instead, i have fox boar and deer on the 308 only because they arnt ready to put vermin on it......

Gwent have stopped putting fox on thier certs now and use vermin instead, i have fox boar and deer on the 308 only because they arnt ready to put vermin on it......

hi

i would not except that wording, as i shoot on different forces grounds and would be shooting fox illegally,as you have to have fox on your license.

just be carefull

ATB

Colin <_<

col is spot on there. If you havent got the word "fox" on your conditions, you cannot legally shoot them with the said weapon. For the purposes of the firearms act, foxes do not come under "vermin"...broccoli , i know, but its true. I fell foul of this a few years ago, and got a bollocking for it.

• 5 weeks later...

still waiting to hear from them ,had to ask for my ticket back so i could get some more rounds for the .204 they said my ticket was sitting in there tray ?? not good is it ..i think im being messed around and this time not by mr dale cant talk to the feo till the 21st of this month ... cant wait :)

Guest wireviz

[Keep it calm and to the point Rob it is easy to loose it on the phone etc. But there is also a few chaps that have waited months for there's so it looks like down your end there ain't no rush . Thank god i am under strathclyde got Tucker a .22 they changed his ticket the same day.

• 3 weeks later...

well i had the vist yesterday ..been told its a no for foxs after dark ,but i can have my 25-06 and hmr17 but its a no on the shot gun slugs :o one bit of ground i have that i have paid for thats got deer on it the police will not pass it becouse it has a right off way on it ..foot path ..but its already passed i said for .308 ..cant find any records off it being passed he said ..this feo likes deer so he told me and said its ok for me to shoot on the other farm becouse theres not that many deer on it ??? but this has a foot path on it also ? what land does not have a path on it ?? that says it all that does ..were do i go from here ..been told by george wallace to wait till i get my ticket in my hand then ask why not then he will jump in ..told me can some body go with me why,ll i shoot then maybe he will open it up for me ..told him i get there at 4.30 in the morning and leave about 6.30 and we have shoot 5 deer on it so far ..we being a mate with his 30-06 on a open ticket .people dont come on the land and walk there dog till 7.15 and i cant shoot no deer if people are about as the deer run off so its game over ..i told him to put in on my ticket 4.30 till 6.30 am if he wants ..said after he will get a some body else out to check it ,which may mean he has seen sence ..any ideas on how to sort this one out ??

I tried namedropping BASC when I had a problem with firearms licensing. The answer was "Go ahead but it'll be no use, remember it's me that issues your certificate, not BASC."

I had the same response from a FEO, he dismissed BASC as anti police, BASC's word won't help you.

This guy hadn't a clue...he said I couldn't shoot Fox with a Rem 17...couldn't reload my own, I had to have an Explosive Cert....no such thing as an Open Cert...& to top it off, he wasn't going to give me the Deer variation for my .243 till I could prove that I had experience.

On him leaving the house I told him I was going to phone the HQ's about his actions...his response was "save your phone call, it's me who they'll believe, not you"....!

Needless to say I phoned, & it was the best 10p I've spent. I got Deer on my cert, & he must have had a refresher course...hasn't got the job now, wonder why.

So Dave, take the bull by the horns & phone his HQ's if you have to, go straight above his head,

BJ.

I had the same response from a FEO, he dismissed BASC as anti police, BASC's word won't help you.

This guy hadn't a clue...he said I couldn't shoot Fox with a Rem 17...couldn't reload my own, I had to have an Explosive Cert....no such thing as an Open Cert...& to top it off, he wasn't going to give me the Deer variation for my .243 till I could prove that I had experience.

On him leaving the house I told him I was going to phone the HQ's about his actions...his response was "save your phone call, it's me who they'll believe, not you"....!

Needless to say I phoned, & it was the best 10p I've spent. I got Deer on my cert, & he must have had a refresher course...hasn't got the job now, wonder why.

So Dave, take the bull by the horns & phone his HQ's if you have to, go straight above his head,

BJ.

I know the feeling. last renewal the feo came with a list from his new boss like you can't have .223 for vermin (I've already got it and am keeping it), why are you asking to increase your .22rf ammunition (I'm not), .223 is overkill for vermin (overkill is calling in an airstrike to crack a nut and I'm not a forward observation post), why do you want to up your .243 ammunition (so I can load more and still hold sufficient expanding heads), expanding heads don't count (of course they do they're section 5 ammunition).

Utter knob (the manager not the feo)

Tickets been open for a few years now so I feel that I can argue the toss without any comeback. Anyway I got everything I wanted at renewal )probably including an awkward git marker on my file)

If thats the case why have basc managed to help others in relation to the feo! And another thing he doesnt grant your ticket, the chief of police issues it! Yip take them on mate, I myself am actually joining basc next month as they seem the only organisiation the police seem to listen to. And again if you are a member then this is 1 reason why you joined, their legal team. Yes try and call but if your firearms team are like mine they still wont listen. All the best mate.

basc will only take it so far as they are in with the police but NGO are better and cheeper and they now have george wallace on there side what that man dont no aint worth knowing about the firearm laws he was the top man at basc on firearms laws .he will be fighting my case as there will be a case as i dont take it lieing down if i know im in the right ..at the end of the day the firearms dept work for us if there was no us they would be out of a job ..fact ..they should work by the home office gidelines but many dont and make up there own rules as they go along hopeing we dont no the law and hoping we back down ,if you have some body behind you and if they think you know whats what they may give in ..so stick to your guns so to speak ..i will ..and i will take mine all the way just for the fun of it as i have nothing to lose but every thing to gain :)

Guest wireviz
basc will only take it so far as they are in with the police but NGO are better and cheeper and they now have george wallace on there side what that man dont no aint worth knowing about the firearm laws he was the top man at basc on firearms laws .he will be fighting my case as there will be a case as i dont take it lieing down if i know im in the right ..at the end of the day the firearms dept work for us if there was no us they would be out of a job ..fact ..they should work by the home office gidelines but many dont and make up there own rules as they go along hopeing we dont no the law and hoping we back down ,if you have some body behind you and if they think you know whats what they may give in ..so stick to your guns so to speak ..i will ..and i will take mine all the way just for the fun of it as i have nothing to lose but every thing to gain :)

I am at this very moment getting a letter to let me into sensitive areas to remove roe deer eg country parks next to M roads and only full public access areas. No problems phone your firearms officer and get him to walk the ground with you explain to him all the safty features your going to use to make sure the public are not at any risk and weres as possible you will not alarm them . High seats no go areas low rist zones including times of day when the public are l;ess active and make him also put some imput in to the walk he will have some good ideas and if you impliment them yu cant go wrong.

ps sorry to here of your knock back but you should have stuck to there guide lines eg 243 6.5 if its big reds and they would have gave you open cert and deer/,

My FEO tried the same thing with me saying i had no deer on my permission, so i asked for someone with good knowledge of Deer to come and walk my permission, they didn't but i got my ticket changed for my .270 for Fox & Deer.

They have to adhere to the guidelines too and cannot make it up as they go along...

Do your research and give it to them in Black & White...

If you need any pointers pm me and i'll draft you a letter which they will not get out of....

i cant see whats wrong with a 25-06 ..it a good tool for deer nothing over the top :D its the ground there on about but the feo does like deer and i feel he dont want me to shoot too many(as if i would :D ) even though they are feeding on a crop and not grass ,but than again id say grass is a crop in some ways ..george wallace has told me to tell the feo that he will come down and view the land with the feo and he will put his name down next to the feo if he thinks its ok to shoot deer on it ..its been shot on for many a year so im told ..funny how things can get lost ,like paper work ect ;) i was told its aready passed for .308 and has been for some time ..i think its best for me to see the land owner as it was him that had it passed for him and his .308 so i m told ..i should no more this coming week ..

Guest wireviz
i cant see whats wrong with a 25-06 ..it a good tool for deer nothing over the top ;) its the ground there on about but the feo does like deer and i feel he dont want me to shoot too many(as if i would :D ) even though they are feeding on a crop and not grass ,but than again id say grass is a crop in some ways ..george wallace has told me to tell the feo that he will come down and view the land with the feo and he will put his name down next to the feo if he thinks its ok to shoot deer on it ..its been shot on for many a year so im told ..funny how things can get lost ,like paper work ect :D i was told its aready passed for .308 and has been for some time ..i think its best for me to see the land owner as it was him that had it passed for him and his .308 so i m told ..i should no more this coming week ..

there is nothing wrong with the 2506 mate but the chaps like to stick to guide lines and that calibre aint there . Also biggun they might be looking for any reason to stop you having a big gun :D . I have been told you through your weight a bout a few times when you were younger ;)

there not stopping me haveing a 25-06 they have ok that :D im a good boy i am ;) the feo was moaning a bit about people having more than one gun though .a gun for this and a gun for that ..it will all come good in the end i can feel it :D

there not stopping me haveing a 25-06 they have ok that :D im a good boy i am ;) the feo was moaning a bit about people having more than one gun though .a gun for this and a gun for that ..it will all come good in the end i can feel it :D

It's got sod all to do with the FEO how many guns you have, as long as you have GOOD REASON, the FEO's really do P*** me off, when they know sod all about shooting....

kip270 you have pm :D

Archived