Lawrence Precision Titanium Zodiac Moderator.

Sorry I obviously failed to make myself clear. My reference to the Landrover was not to do with them being the best but rather the fact that at £21000 for a dedicated shooting vehicle, £700 is not going to appear on the affordability radar.

The Landy falls apart, even the latest ones. But everyone and his dog can fix them. I used Shoguns and L200's prior to the Landy. My last L200 I used for shooting (I had from new) developed a problem at three years that Mitsubishi couldn't seem to fix and they refused to help anyone else fix it. A promise is only as good as the deed. They failed to deliver, I ditched the product and moved on.

However the promises being made with regard the moderator seem to me imposible to honour simply because "a lifetime" is a vast amount of time and one man cannot possibly gauantee that.

Accepting the fact that in reality there can be no lifetime guarantee, makes the Ti moderator just like every other mod and therefore for me, not worth the money. If however it could be proved to be the quietst and most effective out there, it could be argued to be worth the price, but where's the data to prove it?

ATB

Spot on

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jamie hit the nail on the head here, rather than doing the typical British thing of moaning and picking up the negatives we should be looking at the positives. The British shooting community is small and comes under enough hassle from the outside world, the tradesmen within this industry are even smaller and need all the support they can get.

Let's be honest, if money was no object, anyone on here would be more than satisfied with a Rolls Royce Phantom. If money was no object and I was having a rifle built then damn right I would choose one of these Ti mods for my rifle.

Cheers

"you're" is what you meant.

It's not about showing off or being ostentatious, not sure where you got that idea from.

Titanium is an expensive metal and is relatively hard to work with from what I understand, the cost of machinery, man hours, testing and the material itself is what give ramp the price up.

I think Jamie hit the nail on the head here, rather than doing the typical British thing of moaning and picking up the negatives we should be looking at the positives. The British shooting community is small and comes under enough hassle from the outside world, the tradesmen within this industry are even smaller and need all the support they can get.

Let's be honest, if money was no object, anyone on here would be more than satisfied with a Rolls Royce Phantom. If money was no object and I was having a rifle built then damn right I would choose one of these Ti mods for my rifle.

Cheers

I'm afraid I have to disagree , as far as mods are concerned money is no object for me but I take performance over looks all day long , I choose not to own a titanium moderator at their current stage of development.

Whilst the phantom is undoubtedly a nice car I'm afraid again I have to disagree with you , for me it's performance over show all day long , I own a large 4x4 and a sports car , both of which combined cost less than a phantom but I do feel I have more 'travel' bases covered.

Cheers

"you're" is what you meant.

It's not about showing off or being ostentatious, not sure where you got that idea from.

Titanium is an expensive metal and is relatively hard to work with from what I understand, the cost of machinery, man hours, testing and the material itself is what give ramp the price up.

Yes you're correct I did mean "you're", but my iPad has different ideas and the predictive text is a source of irritation.

The ostentation reference was regard to the comment about "anyone on here would be more than satisfied with a Rolls Royce Phantom"

I certainly would hate to be seen in anything so embarrassing while I have a choice...and yes I have driven and been driven in them along with Bentleys and other expensive toys.

ATB

The Rolls Royce analogy was exactly that, an analogy with reference to use of the best materials and extremely high quality craftsmanship.

A titanium suppressor which is light weight and durable is expected to be expensive. There is no denying the fact that it is an expensive metal and cannot be cheap for a small British craftsman to fabricate. I think we should support his efforts, not necessarily by purchasing one, but at least by not slagging off his efforts and work without owning one.

It's quite simply another case of "Don't like guns? Don't buy one". If you don't particularly fancy one of these British made suppressors, don't buy one, but if you don't buy one, don't moan about them.

Of course you are, but as you said yourself "you pay your money, you take your chance".

With regards to pricing look at it this way, UKSF are currently using SureFire suppressors, so surely they have passed rigorous tests and are "super gen dit turbo hoofing". The cheapest I can find one for is $1,314 which equates to £766.537 as at 152254L hrs. Overpriced? Better than an ASE? I don't hear anyone moaning about SureFire suppressor pricing.

The Rolls Royce analogy was exactly that, an analogy with reference to use of the best materials and extremely high quality craftsmanship.

A titanium suppressor which is light weight and durable is expected to be expensive. There is no denying the fact that it is an expensive metal and cannot be cheap for a small British craftsman to fabricate. I think we should support his efforts, not necessarily by purchasing one, but at least by not slagging off his efforts and work without owning one.

It's quite simply another case of "Don't like guns? Don't buy one". If you don't particularly fancy one of these British made suppressors, don't buy one, but if you don't buy one, don't moan about them.

You don't have to own one to experience it.

I have had a brief private conversation with BD about this and I did mention at the time I thought it was good to support the British shooting industry.

But as I said earlier, that does not mean we have to buy British at any cost. If LP wants to sell at the exclusive end of the market he will only sell to a very small number of clients. If he wants to sell to mainstream shooters he has to place the product accordingly. If the materials/manufacturing costs preclude this, then he has to be satisfied with a tiny client base or reduce the cost. It's basic economics.

I think it's self evident that the mass market so far does not buy into the sales pitch. That won't change with things as they are and trying to supress contrary views will not change that and could well be counter-productive.

ATB

deleted.....

Just to be clear, I deleted this post, as it was off topic and not in the spirit of the original OP's post.

And just to say, no-one asked me to do this or put pressure on me to do this....

Jamie

Last time i saw one of the LP moderators i tried to pour a cup of coffee from it!

Understandably,Gary........from this long thread, it seems as if ,whatever they really are,they are not everyone's cup of tea.

DELETED BY ADMIN

RUSS -

WE UNDERSTAND -YOU DON'T LIKE THEM

WE'VE DELETED AROUND 10 SIMILARLY TIRESOME POSTS FROM YOU IN THIS THREAD.

THE HORSE DIED SOME TIME AGO

STOP FLOGGING

PATIENCE IS NOW ENTIRELY EXPENDED.

NO MORE POSTS IN THIS THREAD FROM YOU PLEASE.

FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO

+1!

It puzzles me why this brand of mod, is getting so much attention. Positively or otherwise... I've never known any other post get this type of attention! It makes one wonder whether it has personal connotations?? I'm not saying it has... But it is a question I've asked myself...

I'm neither pro or against the moderators themselves, as I know nothing of them.

BUT, I respect the manufacturer for not getting involved in such a "discussion"....

I don't intend on posting on here again, as I think it just flames the negative aspect....

And if I were the mods I would just close the darn thread!!

Jamie

Archived