F Class Nationals - Round 4 Long Range Challenge Bisley

Ronin

Good luck to all attending - F Open and FTR

Arriving friday.

See you all on Stickledown at 8am Sat.

I'm shooting with Dorset Riflemen next to you all. Good luck and see you there. Hope the weather is kind.

Apart from Sat pm the weather was lovely.

The wind however, was quite another thing.. I had a nightmare second detail at 1100, angle, direction change (s) and elevation all seemed to be happening at once.

Was still a very enjoyable weekend though.

who won what then?

Sure there will be an update soon,

I left before prizes as I had two small people in tow and a long journey ahead.

Highlight of the day was Gary shooting a 75.8v at 1000, which, given the conditions was stunning shooting. Most mortals dropped at least 5 points on the same detail.

That weather on Saturday was pretty intense but everyone battled through it and some good scores were put in considering.

Think the owner of the B&B where we were staying at layed an egg when we all marched through her front door. We were in single file looking like drowned rats till we crossed the threshold then it was like "The Travelator on the Tv show Gladiators" as we all raced up her stairs trying to smuggle enormous amounts of dripping wet kit into our rooms.

What a laugh we had and certainly a very memorable weekend.

Finishing 14th was a downer but I'm already looking forward to Diggle to try and redeem some confidence ha ha.

Think there were 40 FTR entrants and 38 Open Class entrants

Very popular discipline and the standard of competitor in both FTR and Open is very high - sometimes only a narrow margin of points will separate the winners from the losers,,,

Huge fun though regardless.

Archived