seems to like vhit.

craigyboy

Just been playing latley with some vhit 133 in my tac20. I have been struggling to get a good supply of powder and have had too work up 3 previous loads for this rifle with H322, BL-C2 and Reloader 7. I managed to find a shop that had loads of VHIT N133 and took a chance and bought 2kg's of it hoping it would shoot for me. This is the result of some testing with 40g v-max

(ignore the very low shot thats just me playing with the .22lr, that pdog was lucky I cant shoot worth a crap freehand, its the top group just nicking his head that we are looking at)

DigitalCamera100.jpg

I was usually a confirmed 32g v-max shooter but decided to branch out a bit, the 40g v-max was the only bullet I hadnt tried in my rifle. I like it. I also wanted a bullet with a higher bc as I this summer I will be pushing the range a bit further on the bunnys than I did last summer.

On another note the VHIT powder is the cleanest buring powder I have tried yet cleans up much easier that Hogdens and much much easier that alliant, good stuff.

if it had not of been for that 1 high shot the groups is under .2 of an inch, as it stands its still around .3 for 5, 4 in one hole and 1 out shot off the bipod with a rear holland bag. I tested a few differnt charge weights, primer combos, neck tension etc and this one came out on top, but all were under 1/2 moa. Its a rem 7 1/2 primer, dakota brass and 24.5g of 133. Its a little hot but not too bad. In all loads with this rifle it has shot better when pushed hard.

Also made these cleaning rod racks out of mahogany, I always just had then leaning in the corner and though it was about time I done something proper with them.

DigitalCamera097.jpg

DigitalCamera098.jpg

yeah it fires a .204 bullet dwight. Been too busy not enough time out shootin.

yeah it fires a .204 bullet dwight. Been too busy not enough time out shootin.

Is the case to a 204 similar to a 223?The reason i ask is that the amount of powder your using is around the same amount for 223.

Sorry if the question sounds daft :blink: but i`ve never seen 204 ammo before..Only read about it..

Mine is using a .223 case necked down to .204, its similar to the .204 ruger but a little smaller in capacity the .204 it being based on the 222 rem mag case.

top swings down martin, I could have put them lower but didnt want them gettin kicked around, works pretty good. Edi the remmi is in but my variation hasnt turned up yet so I will have to wait a while, cant wait to play with it.

Guest varmartin

Cheers Craigy....see how it works now, good idea :(

I purchased a couple pieces of poly pipe from a DIY shop, fitted an end cap and heated the other end with boiling water and slid my rod in ;) let it cool and hey-presto , one rod protector . Keeps it clean and straight for when you go out in the field on those extended summer varmint sessions.

img1995mg8.jpg

img1994qc3.jpg

Archived