Turret labels

andybrock

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell us more.

He started making for sightrons, as that's what he uses, made a few for si-snipe, made a few others, and has done some for other scopes now too. I think he asks for a tenner that then goes to H4H. I have a set on my sightron on the TRG, and they work well. Just ask the fox at [censored] yds tonight, oh, can't, he's dead ;)

It was seeing Brown Dogs turret markings that inspired me to make idiot proof turret wraps for my own use.

As for the customturretsystems product, how cumbersome is that and what do the markings actually relate to ?!?

Surely mapping out the distance against the click value makes dialling a no brainer.

2012-05-20160142.jpg

First go at making a scope label works fine, i have also used CT labels in the past find them good to deal with.

The scope is a Kahles 6x24x56 with new dials ;)

DSCF1922_zpsb30347a2.jpg

Nice scope Andy, I've just bought a 624i is yours 30 or 34 mil tube?

30mm bud i use to have the K624i but wanted 1/8 clicks, so ended up with this after selling the NF as this as better glass.

That's a bugger, I was hoping you were going to say 34mm as I can't find a 34mm ring / picatinny mounting anywhere. I reckon I'll end up having to cobble one together.

34mm rings are available from Third Eye Tactical.

Thanks, I've got rings, it was a ring with the short bit of picatinny on top so a laser or Night Master can be mounted on it, like the one in Camo's picture just forward of his elevation turret, I've got several 30mm's but no one seems to produce them for a 34mm tube.

Can you not get somebody to machine out the 30mm to 34mm??if there is enough metal in it?

I've thought about getting that done but most of them are pretty thin, I might just see if anyone has got a spare 34mm lying about then just drill and tap a small picatinny section to it.

Cheers

It was seeing Brown Dogs turret markings that inspired me to make idiot proof turret wraps for my own use.

As for the customturretsystems product, how cumbersome is that and what do the markings actually relate to ?!?

Surely mapping out the distance against the click value makes dialling a no brainer.

2012-05-20160142.jpg

I don't see that, while inputting I am sure all the relevant info comes up on the ring including exact distance per click or 4 clicks etc

I don't see that, while inputting I am sure all the relevant info comes up on the ring including exact distance per click or 4 clicks etc

Could be a Mac issue as several others are having trouble too, I am using an iPhone. Numbers just don't seem to correlate with input.

Post pics when you get yours set up, I'd like to see the finished product.

I like the fact that you can set it up with section of colours but only two turns of data is a drawback as that would not get me to 1000yds with the Sightrons.

Could be a Mac issue as several others are having trouble too, I am using an iPhone. Numbers just don't seem to correlate with input.

I like the fact that you can set it up with section of colours but only two turns of data is a drawback as that would not get me to 1000yds with the Sightrons.

I haven't yet tried the label designer on my Mac, but have no problems on my iPad. I can design labels without problem and a three-turn label is possible, but I still struggle to achieve markings to 1200m for my Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP

fdd68a975a91889282e269c4575b5172.jpg

Oaken,

I've bought a Sightron S3 6-24x50LRMOA .250 from a forum friend a while ago.

It came with some of your "wraps". But I took them off as Tony and I use different loads.

I'd like a set for my rounds if that's possible? If so, can you tell me what they cost, and what information you need?

Also, I presume it's better to get "real" data from the rifle than from any ballistic calculator?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie. You have a PM.

I will only make them up from field tested data now.

Too many have to be redone when using balistic calculator apps and I want it to be right :-)

Archived