Swarovski high magnification scope for Stalking / Vermin

salmon_fisher

Hi

I am considering a Swarovski Z6(i) 6-30x50 BT for my recently purchased .270 but i have been advised at the higher magnification it is difficult to adjust the paralex ?

Now considering a Z6(i) 2.5-15x56 BT

I have a Z6(i) 3-18x50 on my .243 and I have no problems with this scope.

My daughter is now coming stalking with me I need both rifles.

I could buy another Z6(i) 3-18x50 wanted to try something better / different

can anyone advise me ?? as I am relatively new to stalking with high power high ££$$ scopes but can hold my own .22 target rifle.

I do not want to outlay Megga ££$$$ and find out too late ! your advice / expertise is appreciated

Thanks in advance Angus

I have a z6i 5-30x50 and cannot fault it. Mine has the ballistic turret on it which is very handy for dialling up to 400 yards very quickly. Macloeds of tain in Scotland have a wide selection of ex demo swarovskis at good prices. You should pick up a z6 5-30x 50 with ballistic turrets for about 1100 pounds or thereabouts. My friend bought one off them and it might aswell have been brand new- there wasn't a mark on The scope or glass. Cannot recommend these scopes enough.

Have a look at the Z5's, I have a 5-25x52 on my .270 and 20Tac and a 3.5-18x44 on my 6.5x47. Lighter and cheaper than Z6's and nothing lost on the optics. All three of mine have the Ballistic turret, brilliant system for deer and vermin.

Try R Macleod in Tain for brilliant prices on "as new" scopes.

Mike

x2 on MacLeod's of Tain, I bought a Z6 3-18x50P BT L a couple of months ago, saved a huge amount, delighted.

I have the 4W reticle in my Z6i and I think it is much better than the standard 4A-I as not only do you have a way of holding for windage but it is finer as well which better when shooting smaller targets.

Thanks for all the info still a wee bit confused I discussed witha stalked he advised me the on the 4A-I as as the 4W was to cluttered. But maybe if it was for his guests and they were not so experienced !!! For sure I can see the advantage for target shooting I will not be using it for Targets.

My Shooting is mainly in the far North of Scotland and it Is always windy Thanks again for all the Info you have fdef give me lots to consider, will of course keep you updated

Angus

Notwithstanding the ballistic turret on the scope, the 4W reticle is stilly handy for hold-over and a bit of Kentucky windage. I have a Z6 3-18x50P BT L with the basic Plex reticle, but in retrospect I'd much rather have the 4W and am considering getting a quote to get it changed by Swarovski.

Notwithstanding the ballistic turret on the scope, the 4W reticle is stilly handy for hold-over and a bit of Kentucky windage. I have a Z6 3-18x50P BT L with the basic Plex reticle, but in retrospect I'd much rather have the 4W and am considering getting a quote to get it changed by Swarovski.

I had mine changed by Swaro, they originally quoted me £206 but then tried to charge me £276 after the work had been done, luckily I had it in writing and insisted that they stick to their original quote, took a while to get sorted but got there in the end. The whole job took 3 weeks.

I had mine changed by Swaro, they originally quoted me £206 but then tried to charge me £276 after the work had been done, luckily I had it in writing and insisted that they stick to their original quote, took a while to get sorted but got there in the end. The whole job took 3 weeks.

Thanks for that - what reticle did you go from and to?

Cannot fault mine a G1 z6i 5-30×50 with the a4 300 ret, brilliant for long range varmint dialing in at the mo with standard turrets bit of a pain but until I get something different it's doing fine.

• 5 weeks later...

Cannot fault mine a G1 z6i 5-30×50 with the a4 300 ret, brilliant for long range varmint dialing in at the mo with standard turrets bit of a pain but until I get something different it's doing fine.

I would get the ballistic turrets retrofitted to your scope. They are excellent for dialling in really quickly out to 400 yards. Or you could zero at 200 and dial to 500. Whatever floats your boat really. For foxing I find the ballistic turret excellent.

I have my Z6 3-18x50P BT L zeroed at 200yds and set to 300 - 500 - 600, works really well.

They are optically very good. My mate has a sightron 6-24 on his tikka. A while back we were spotting rabbits out to about 600 yards at dusk. When the light was starting to go I saw one running up the field along the hedge. I was telling him where it was but he couldn't see it at all. I asked him for a look through his scope to see if I could see it. I couldn't make out the rabbit at all. The difference in them was unbelievable. He had only just bought the scope brand new a few days previously. He was not a happy man. About a month later I sold him my old 6-24x50 habicht and he's never looked back.

Archived