Autumn 2014 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge

Tiff

C'mon you lot. One more day to the deadline

Pay the man, it'll make his life so much easier. He had to sell most of his rifles to cover the delayed payments for the last one!

For me, getting money out of the punters was always the most frustrating part of running the Quarry shoots, I'm sure it is the same for Tiff. He earns next to nothing and is putting his financial neck on the block to make these shoots work.

You have all spent thousands buying and building rifles to shoot these events and chances are you'll spend more on the fuel to get there than the entry fee so cough up. You'll feel a right Strawberry Tart if it's cancelled!

Rup

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIFF I'd love to come, as work scuppered me from popping down last time ( and I did pay :-) )

I have no idea if I can make it or not though.

Missed or the summer activities imperial, RBL match and fly shoot with a badly broken ankle.

If there is a spare place happy to pay again on the off chance.

Cheers Will

Tiff....do we have enough 'bods' for the shoot?

Just! I've been promised more funds are inbound imminently, so yes it's happening :)

A few more entries wouldn't go a miss though...

I'm away from home at the present and just catching up with the thread. I'll check I can still come and get the funds to you.

Same details as before, I assume?

I'm away from home at the present and just catching up with the thread. I'll check I can still come and get the funds to you.

Same details as before, I assume?

No problem, yep same details as before please :)

No problem, yep same details as before please :)

Paid for fri/sat and bunkhouse.

Scenars banished to shelf.

New A-max load worked-up and shooting well.

by load development I've dusted off the demijohns!

hopefully work will stay quiet

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update for everyone.

Unfortunately due to the underwhelming demand (16/17 people committed so far), this Autumn RRC will be the last one I am prepared to host for the foreseeable future :(.

That being said, I really hope it will be the best to date with lots of fun and imaginative challenging shooting scenarios :) .

So if you've thought about attending in the past, now is the time to get in touch...

Many thanks to everyone who has supported the concept.

Tiff

I am astounded at such a limited turnout....we are not exactly spoilt for choice in the UK.

Are there any underlying reasons?

I am astounded at such a limited turnout....we are not exactly spoilt for choice in the UK.

Are there any underlying reasons?

To be totally honest all those involved with the project are completely at a loss why it hasn't proven more popular.

Despite the weather the Spring RRC experienced, all the post shoot comments (both public & private) were more than favourable and it received considerable interest on here - biggest thread in UKV history I think!

I've always asked for constructive feedback after each shoot, have taken it on board and where possible, filtered the ideas into the next shoot - this evolution has hopefully been obvious to those that have attended subsequent shoots.

Unfortunately the reality is I simply cannot subsidise other peoples shooting, by hosting the event at a personal financial loss. The time and costs involved in hosting these larger events are significant and far beyond what many people may initially think. There may well be less formal longer range practice sessions in the future, but for the moment at least, unfortunately nothing on a similar scale to this autumn shoot.

What a real shame, I've not got my new RRC rifle back from the gun smith and even if I get it in time I'll only be using once. It's hard to believe there's such a lack of support for such a great event. Thanks Tiff for all the effort you've put into them in the past. See you in a few weeks.

Would still love to come but alas, no Open Cert and unlikely to ever get one

An open cert is not required, the ground is cleared for fullbore - so provided the rifle you use is field conditioned (fox, deer, AOLQ etc) you can attend :)

To be totally honest all those involved with the project are completely at a loss why it hasn't proven more popular.

Despite the weather the Spring RRC experienced, all the post shoot comments (both public & private) were more than favourable and it received considerable interest on here - biggest thread in UKV history I think!

I've always asked for constructive feedback after each shoot, have taken it on board and where possible, filtered the ideas into the next shoot - this evolution has hopefully been obvious to those that have attended subsequent shoots.

Unfortunately the reality is I simply cannot subsidise other peoples shooting, by hosting the event at a personal financial loss. The time and costs involved in hosting these larger events are significant and far beyond what many people may initially think. There may well be less formal longer range practice sessions in the future, but for the moment at least, unfortunately nothing on a similar scale to this autumn shoot.

Certainly operating at a personal loss is totally unacceptable......this will be my first go at RRC but I hope not the last.

The RRC deserves success. The lack of attendees probably reflects the fact that many potential shooters don't know what they are missing, so won't commit the time and money.

I loved the MQC and the RRC offered a similar, longer range opportunity. I have attended once- the rain-soaked, windy event of legend! It was brilliantly run and great fun. Worth the money and the long drive from West Wales.

Tiff and team should be proud of what they have achieved; the event deserves to succeed and isn't unpopular through any failings on their behalf.

Ben

Any othe weekend and I'd be in. I'd have a plus 1 too by the look of it.

I can't believe that it is out of favour - is it just an unfortunate date availibility wise for people?

Tiff

As you know 3 of your "regulars" one being me are in the US shooting, otherwise we would be there.

Having spoke to Rup about organizing MQC events I can understand your frustration.

I find it amazing that people spend so much on rifles and gear, but never go anywhere to shoot them!!

I hope you don't give up on it, as its a great venue and is allways challenging.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Entry for this Autumn 2014 RRC is now provisionally closed, to enable the course of fire to be tailored to the 15 entrants listed below:

sako 75 .243
John MH
DaveT
Mike Roberts
+1 Mike Roberts
tisme

+1 tisme
mildot
c18rch

Pete

Oaken

jungle_re
Mash 67

Bangbangman

Gooner

Tony (Sun only)

Steve H (Sun only)

If you would like to attend and your name is not listed above, please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do :)

Many Thanks,

Tiff

Archived