english longbows

jason66

I doubt though that plod would look that favourably at anyone exercising their obligations on their local common land, village green or church yard!

We had exactly this at the only parish council meeting I've ever attended.

A father and son get out of their car and put up an archery target on our village green, (more like a playing field or recreational park) and practice archery at a distance of know more that 20 yards.

I have to admit to a feeling of envy watching them both.

A week later and I attend the parish council meeting, in fact it was the wrong meeting and I never got to the correct one.

However on the minutes was a complaint by a villager that somebody had been practising archery on the village green and the police should know about it! :mad:

We had exactly this at the only parish council meeting I've ever attended.

A father and son get out of their car and put up an archery target on our village green, (more like a playing field or recreational park) and practice archery at a distance of know more that 20 yards.

I have to admit to a feeling of envy watching them both.

A week later and I attend the parish council meeting, in fact it was the wrong meeting and I never got to the correct one.

However on the minutes was a complaint by a villager that somebody had been practising archery on the village green and the police should know about it! :mad:

Interesting

I might try that on the green outside my place and see how it goes down

It's still legal, but I need a bund (or whatever the target is called)

Archived