pc1.jpg

Gray, olive and tan

robhunter.jpg

Gray and white

pc2.jpg

can anybody please tell me the percantages of the olive-tan-black please

thanks mark

Spud

If you e-mail the picture to Mcmillan they`ll tell you the exact percentages (usually quite quickly)

I`d be interested to know about the tan stock myself :wub:

If I remember correctly and I'm quite confident it's 33% of each

If you find the photo of my olive/black/tan it's 50% olive 25%tan 25%black.

I hope this may help a few people when trying to decide on colours.

I have been trawling the net to find a suitable marbled or camouflage patterned style stock and thought it might be a good idea to save all the pictures I found. I have purposely stayed away from bright coloured stocks as this is a varmitting site. Where possible I have put above the picture the colours and the % used, on others I have made an educated guess (McMillan are very helpful in telling you the colours and % if you show them a photo)

The first batch of photo's is of McMillan marbled stocks, the second set will be of McMillan, GAP and LTM (both durocoat I think?) camouflaged patterns.

If anyone has any pictures to add then please do, if possible please include colours and %

The third if it proves popular and if I'm not taking up to much bandwidth will be of a few stocks that caught my eye, either for good or bad reasons :)

50% olive 25% black 25% gray

50OD25B25G.jpg

50% light tan 25% olive 25% medium tan

McMHTG.jpg

60% black 40% olive

PICT0002-1.jpg

70% olive 30%black

70OD30B.jpg

60% tan 20% light tan 20% dark tan

60T20LT20DT.jpg

50% olive 25% black 25% tan

McM.jpg

60% black 20% olive 20% light gray

60B20OD20LG.jpg

colours olive, white and black % not known

Mvc-006f.jpg

olive and white, 50/50% guess

olivewhite.jpg

olive and black 70/30% guess

GreenGiant30-065-19-07aa-1.jpg

yea found it and on reflection the one i may pick will be 3rd one down but i may go olive and black 50 50

cheers mark

This was taken from the McMillan site "Molded-in stocks are provided with a matte finish to minimize light reflection. After receiving your stock, some customers take it upon themselves to further wetblock sand and buff the surface to achieve a polished, warm luster finish. This is particularly attractive with marble patterns." any ideas on technique please.

Thanks Mark

This was taken from the McMillan site "Molded-in stocks are provided with a matte finish to minimize light reflection. After receiving your stock, some customers take it upon themselves to further wetblock sand and buff the surface to achieve a polished, warm luster finish. This is particularly attractive with marble patterns." any ideas on technique please.

Thanks Mark

Very fine wet and dry paper and plenty of elbow grease, working the wet and dry in small circles, and then buff it up. I used a car bodywork buffer from Halfords.

1200 grit wet and dry, a cup of warm water with a squirt of fairy liquid in, and wet flat the entire stock down, getting rid of blebs, lumps etc.Keep drying it off with a rag, and flat the shiny bits left. once its all level, and flat, apply T-Cut, and rub well in, then buff off.You will need to do it a few times, but t-cut brings the shine back faster than any other polish.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scotch Egg.....

The cups on the feet of the bipod attached to the rifle in your picture, where did you get them from.

Tried searching for ages for these and could not find them.

Thanks in advance

Bruce

• 2 months later...

Whats the price on having these duracoat jobs done. Dont like the "real tree" dipping jobs, and have done spray paint jobs on my air rifle stocks before.

Much prefer the jobs that these have had on them, some real nice work and impressed with some of the images.

So go on.....................make my wife wince...

Whats the price on having these duracoat jobs done. Dont like the "real tree" dipping jobs, and have done spray paint jobs on my air rifle stocks before.

Much prefer the jobs that these have had on them, some real nice work and impressed with some of the images.

So go on.....................make my wife wince...

Speak to Jager sporting arms, advertised on the right hand side or PM Kaliederscope on here. I'm not sure what his current prices are but they aren't as bad as you might think.

• 1 year later...