Hammock fans?

IanF

BD - after struggling through many patent files, I have identified your model as being best described as a 'swing'.

Well, that's what my niece identified it as...................

BD - after struggling through many patent files, I have identified your model as being best described as a 'swing'.

Well, that's what my niece identified it as...................

:lol:

Why are your knees muddy.......

• 11 months later...

After seeing this thread.. I ordered an Amok.. It arrived about 3 weeks ago and had first chance to get it out last weekend. I havent spent the night in it yet but im seriously impressed with it. Really well thought out. simple, stable, comfortable, good quality.. cant fault it at the moment. time will tell but the first look is promising. Its not cheap but im a believer of getting what you pay for. I need to get an inflatable mat for it, as you need one for the system to work properly.

I've been eyeing up the exped down mats, but hanging out on fleabay to get one s/h..

Im going to try and get out for a few nights soon before the flies get too bad so will let you know how i get on.

FFM

• 3 months later...

An update on the Amok.. Had it out a few times now and slept out for a few nights at a time, so i think 5 nights in it in total..

Findings.. Slept very well once i got it set up properly.. Read the instructions! lol. Intuitive to hang and use, i'd say that hanging over reasonably level ground will make life easier until you become familiar with it.. i hung mine on a steep bank side as there was nowhere else to put it. seemed like a good idea in daylight and pre-beer.. try getting into it on a bank side after a few beers and with the use of your head torch!! Thats not the hammocks fault though but user error.

After my last trip i noticed a small tear in the material, which im not sure was due to my bafoonery (probably..) or a slight imperfection in the sewing.. Anyways, i pinged Amok an email to ask about a repair (hoping it would be under warranty..) Got an email straight back asking for some more info on what was damaged, so i sent some pics. A few days later i got an email back saying it looked like a manufacturing fault and that they wouldn't repair my 2.0 Amok, but they would replace it with the 3.0 FOC and that it will be in the post on Monday.

Great comms, great service and a real pleasure to deal with. The product is really good and my current damaged one is still useable and i may get it fixed locally and use it for anyone tagging along.

It will really revolutionise the way you sleep.. 10/10 for these guys and their product..

. A few days later i got an email back saying it looked like a manufacturing fault and that they wouldn't repair my 2.0 Amok, but they would replace it with the 3.0 FOC and that it will be in the post on Monday.

Wow, you can't fault service like that.

Archived