.22Br Valhalla

Finished this beauty this morning for a member here.

The brief was a present to himself for reasons that are personal and I hope I,ve done that reason proud. ;)

IMG_2135_zps9506ae5d.jpg

This is a Valhalla action with integral lug and 20 MOA rail. The bolt has cam locks and is barley twisted. Fine pitched, facetted shroud and coated.

IMG_2137_zps28a6fc4e.jpg

Its also left bolt , right port , and yes its magazine fed in .22Br.

Jewel trigger and the barrel is heavy varmint Truflite 1 in 8" twist.

IMG_2141_zps63356c84.jpg

18mm x 1 threaded and invisible capped and the whole barrelled action is bead blasted.

The moderator is a beautifully made OLC specifically for the calibre and rifle in stainless steel, and is a work of art. Cannot wait to try it tomorrow.

IMG_2142_zps92479354.jpg

Onto the stock.

This is a Manners T5 which started life as right hand and also had their bedding block and floor plate. The bedding block was machined out and some some proper bedding put in there courtesy of Mr Devcon.

IMG_2139_zps3fb726e2.jpg

It was then fitted with a Tubb 3 way adjustable butted and bead blasted to match the steelwork. This is to fully utilise Night vision.

Paint is Duracoat in three shades.

IMG_2138_zps63ea7163.jpg

IMG_2144_zps91cae142.jpg

IMG_2136_zps60852d36.jpg

Very pretty Dave

what is the raised dimple on the LHS of the stock above the mag release?

Its a button head bolt Andy that holds the bedding block in place whilst the manufacturer glues it in place. The bottom of the block is still in there, but I machined out the top leaving pillars, then bedded as normal. No action stress that way.

Dont rate bedding blocks.

Yes Dave you have certainly done me proud......thank you!

The wife just asked me why am I sat there with such a big grin.

Can't wait to get me hands on it!

Whatever the reason behind that build,,,,,you enjoy it,,,,,love that mod,,,,,,,love br,s too may try a 22 version one day,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope the big grin gets better when you get your hands on it,,,,,O

Its a button head bolt Andy that holds the bedding block in place whilst the manufacturer glues it in place. The bottom of the block is still in there, but I machined out the top leaving pillars, then bedded as normal. No action stress that way.

Dont rate bedding blocks.

All is clear now, looked not dissimilar to a cross pin .

Lovely job anyway.

Whatever the reason behind that build,,,,,you enjoy it,,,,,love that mod,,,,,,,love br,s too may try a 22 version one day,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope the big grin gets better when you get your hands on it,,,,,O

I certainly will enjoy it, the grin gets bigger every time I look at Dave's pics :)

Yes Dave you have certainly done me proud......thank you!

The wife just asked me why am I sat there with such a big grin.

Can't wait to get me hands on it!

andy what load you thinking of using

Not sure yet but I'm hoping Dave will give me a few pointers.

daves 22 br shoots very well with the 75 a max think he used varget,i use vit 135 and 50/53 gr v max in mine .also had great results with 69 smk and rl 15

Took it and tested it today it awful conditions.

Straight on paper with a boresight , and the first round was the only one out of the group.

IMG_0398_zps3caa501f.jpg

If you want to discount the first round, the remaining four are pretty tidy.

Shot a couple more groups and then this last one.

IMG_0399_zpsa1534c3f.jpg

What a cartridge.

20 rounds fired, no misfeeds, no ejection problems.

" They dont feed , them Br's do they " ? :lol:

That is a fantastic looking rifle- very well done on putting that rig together its an absolute work of art. I do wish we had those valhalla actions here, I would love a LBRP for a 1000yd BR action.

One question- do you modify the AI magazine for feeding BR cases? I assume thats a 308 AI mag?

I,ve previously purposely not exported at all Brad, but thats going to change. You would have to use an exporter here. The only man I would trust to do this is Gary Costello at PBS freight. He's a member here and a very helpful guy indeed. Have a word with him.

I,m afraid I'm not going to say how I make the little cases work though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived