Arbor Presses for £29.95 in the UK

Davy

Just spotted this on the Chronos site. Scroll halfway down the page for the Arbor Press, I have not tried one however at this price they have to be worth a look.

Model Engineers Mini Arbor Press ONLY £29.95 !!! (Ref: 4012510110)

http://chronos.ltd.uk/acatalog/----strong----10-DAY-SALE---MANY-SPECIAL-OFFERS-------strong----.html?inf_contact_key=293e00c39133ad5aa547e4007c08a9b9d773c301c5986fd3c887d08e8f5af8de

Binned that post after looking at one in operation...

So would I be right in thinking the only need for the press is for the seating of the bullet?

And If you don't load at the field, is there that much benefit between an arbour and a "normal" press?

Cheers

Jamie

So would I be right in thinking the only need for the press is for the seating of the bullet?

And If you don't load at the field, is there that much benefit between an arbour and a "normal" press?

Cheers

Jamie

if you use wilson dies with a arbour you get very good loads i use one at home for 3 calibres.the benifits far out weigh the costs.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie,

Wilson hand dies need an arbour press,but one die neck sizes and the other seats bullet.They are very good-some think the best system.Yes,also portable,but there is the little Harrell-or Sinclair- press for screw in dies,easily carried.Harrell even do one that does both kinds of dies.

If you don't have a copy,get the Sinclair International catalog,full of the best of reloading stuff-it's a revelation just to look,but don't go wild-some is for the reloader who has (nearly ) everything,but still isn't satisfied !!

Gbal

Cheers folks.

I'll do some research. :)

Jamie

i use an arbor press with wilson dies, i only use my lee press if i need to full length resize, the arbor and the wilson dies do seating and neck size and decapping.......

tony

Cheers T.

Jamie

Spud these any good ? -cheers

They look very good for the price my only concern if its a concern at all is if they are tall enough for a micrometer seater with a sinclair micrometer

It seems suitable for Wilson dies

Press Type: Arbor Press
Frame Material: Stainless Steel, Anodized Aluminum
Frame Design: C-Frame
Frame Offset: 0 degrees
Frame Opening Size: 0-6"
Handle Location: Top Right
Die Size Accepted: Hand Dies
Die Bushing Accepted: N/A
Die Bushing Brand Used: N/A
Spent Primer Collection System: N/A
Ram Stroke: 2"
Throat: 1-1/2"
Overall height: 10-3/4"
Handle Length: 5"
Ram Diameter: .385"
Priming Feature: No
Number of Mounting Holes: N/A
Mounting Hardware Included: N/A
Additional Features:
Precision ground base
Ideal for precision bullet seating
Warranty:
Notes:
Rack & Pinion gear mechanism with spring return
Designed for reloader and match shooters who use Wilson type dies to seat bullets

I guess you would need to find someone with a sinclair press to compare measurements

Mark

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I was also looking at this press but i'm in 2 minds. It looks like it is the same as the bauld eagle press in the states. You can look in amazon.com and there are a number of reviews good and bad. The main issue seems the be securing the height adjustment. It is a friction joint and some people have been having trouble with tightening it so it wont move. If you are prepared to work with it this can be pinned but you get what you pay for i guess.

• 4 months later...

Hi there

I was also looking at this press but i'm in 2 minds. It looks like it is the same as the bauld eagle press in the states. You can look in amazon.com and there are a number of reviews good and bad. The main issue seems the be securing the height adjustment. It is a friction joint and some people have been having trouble with tightening it so it wont move. If you are prepared to work with it this can be pinned but you get what you pay for i guess.

Did anyone ever buy one of these? And if so were they any good?

I've since "scratched other itches" that came up, so never got round to it.....

Now I can't find that press even with the ref number Davey put up. Anyone know if these are still being sold elsewhere, or if not, any other places selling similar presses for the same-ish money???

Cheers

Jamie

sold out ;)

Darn it! I must have been close to being in time.... :lol:

How many did you buy Mark? :ph34r:

i can honestly say none i do have the harrells one here

No doubt high quality, but at the moment I'm still trawling through the net to see if similar Amazon types are about. :)

Archived