Squeaky boots

Toby

Might be of some use but a few years ago I bought a pair of chameau boots. Anyway got invited stalking, my first trip out with new friends (now good friends) crunch squeek etc. After this first outing, it was suggested that I leave the boots at home the next trip. Tried the wax 's etc but no good .I Contacted chameau, but they were too old now to be replaced so sent them for testing to UK.

problem was were the inside of the upper cushioning meets the outside of the tongue, different types of material = noise . Solution A little washing up liquid between the two surfaces and when it gets wet will glide even better.

The other problem with these boots is that the sole are way too stiff compared to the newer model (a bit like ski boots) but I can't do much about that now . hope this helps.

Dave

Guest Baldrick

I have the same prob with a pair of Meindl combat boots. I use Vaseline on the boots' tongues, and the bellows around the tongue. It solves all the squeaks. The alternative is to use shoe polish in generous quantities.

Any form of oil will attack a Goretex liner - Fairy liquid sounds like a good suggestion (but must look amusing when the rain is chucking it down...).

that which promotes growth and vigour can them and get a new pair.

What size are you? I have a second hand pair of Rocky Bear Claw camo boots bought from Cabela's I only wore them about four times until I saw the light and got me Le Chameau wellies, if their your size and you pick up the postage you can have em.

OA

Hi All

I had exactly the same problem as huntsman had with his Le Chameau boots and found that the best thing was dubbing rubbed between the tongue and the gusset at the top of the boot.I did this for about a month every time i was due to go stalking and it has now cured the problem. ;)

Prov.

Thanks for the tips guys,the boots in question are Crispi's.I will try the washing up liquid and the shoe polish on the tongue trick to see if it helps-if not it's Vim's alternative-hell ,they don't smell of roses anyway.Anyone got a dog I can borrow ;)

What size are you? I have a second hand pair of Rocky Bear Claw camo boots bought from Cabela's I only wore them about four times until I saw the light and got me Le Chameau wellies, if their your size and you pick up the postage you can have em.

OA

Never one to miss an offer, if Toby doesn't want them, can I ask what size the boots are?? I'm looking for another pair.

I'll only volunteer to liberate the socks, if they are also free to a good home and there ain't to many holes in them. Would have thought you might chuck in a pair or two along with the boots, ya tight git!! ;)

Too big for me even with 4 pairs on, but a grand gesture offering them in the first place sir. :lol:

OA

Hi Orka, I'm not a proud man, if the boots are still on offer I'm size 11, I never wear wellies, can't stand them, so if you want to pm your adress I'll send the cost of the postage .

Regards Pete.

Archived