Ballistic Calculator for Mobile Devices

Hi Guys,

Im a new kid on the block re the forum....

To date been seriously paper shooting for a number of years now only exceeding 200m on a few occasions. This is with home loads.

I'm waiting to for a .284 to be built and looking at all the reloading bits etc. Are there any comments / merits in the use of a BC Cal for iPad or Android, if so what do you recommend?

Cheers Guys

Welcome to the forum Vince. There have already been a few threads discussing this so have a look back. However the two I'd consider are Shooter and Ballistic AE. Shooter is my go to and has proved extremely reliable.

Isnipe is also good. I've found it accurate enough to put me on a 10" gong at 870yds with a 222 ;)

But, as with any software, c rap in, c rap out. So you need to make sure the inputs (bc, mv, weather etc) are good, or the results will be poor

Pete

Ballistic is very good and so is Strelok. Strelok has everything you will need and is really was to use. Ballistic is very good and has loads of gadgets to play around with.

Steve.

ballistic for my money, it's got a great rapid system for field use once you've saved your data ?

HUD, head-up display is great to use in the field. Very handy!

Not sure if I've got this right, (replying....!) are you talking abt Applied Ballistic?

Cheers Vince

no mate, the app is called "Ballistic AE".

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't think BD was doing the cards to such mere mortals anymore? Are you BD?

And I use shooter great app always being updated works BT with kestrel for atmospherics etc, allows you to print tables and charts off instantly in varying ranges etc. very versatile. will look into Ballistics AE too.

CZV

• 4 weeks later...

I've just got strelok pro, could find ae for android, just getting all my data sorted etc and rifle zeroed. Weather data, ive been looking at the sky watch xplorer 4 for this. Has anyone used this meter?

Comments pls, it's a lot cheaper than a k

estral, only really want it for wind speed, pressure & temp.

Strelok - free download for Android. Very impressive range of options including vast reticle library giving you the option of running the calculation then seeing hold-over on your own reticle.

I have the Skywatch Xplorer 4 - cheap and seems to provide all of the functions I could want. would be nice to have a camera thread on the base to allow it to be mounted next to your fire position.

Rgds

Ian

Archived