.308 Valhalla.

Just got in from testing this one at Diggle.

Boy is it windy up there, I pity the Effers this weekend as its set to get worse apparently.

Right, this is a Valhalla action with a 20 MOA rail. Integral lug, and barley twist bolt with camlocks and coating on the bolt. The action is highly polished by hand.

IMG_2114_zps9b587046.jpg

The firing pin is small diameter and the assembly has the multi facetted shroud and fine pitch thread with makes cocking smoother and bolt lift easier.

IMG_2112_zps66562f40.jpg

Tactical bolt handle and custom serial number.

The barrel is a Bartlien heavy varmint, at 32" with a Valkyrie pepperpot brake, invisible thread cap and also an ASE Utra Jet-z moderator.

The stock is an Accuracy international AX folder in black. Its fitted with the AI rear monopod and an Atlas bipod up the front.

Its also fully bedded.

IMG_2108_zpsffdf1a20.jpg

I did the usual walking onto the target, then shot a couple of 5 shot groups. This was the last and the tightest.

IMG_2117_zpsb216a695.jpg

This baby will shoot with some load development methinks.

Looks very nice Dave.

Is the monopod an aftermarket job? I only ask as I thought AI stocks for remmy clones didn't come with a monopod.

Cheers

Danny.

The monopod is the Accuracy International model for the AX Danny. I,m not sure if it fits the AICS as i've only ever fitted them to AX's.

The monopod is the Accuracy International model for the AX Danny. I,m not sure if it fits the AICS as i've only ever fitted them to AX's.

Thats one SWEET looking rifle Dave :-)

@Danny AI do 3 different rear monopods for different stocks, see link below.

http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/accessories.asp

For the AW & AICS & Standard rifle stocks (whatever they are..)

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it can scotch, but we don't at the moment. Neither john or I are happy that non straight flutes wont have a detrimental effect on a barrel stress-wise. I know there are other guys out in the world that do it quite happily. I need to test it out for myself, as I do with all our stuff. Once i,m happy it works, it will become available.

One of those "to do" jobs, along with a whole pile of others.

Archived