Members Tactical Build

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 shot double stack AW, allows me to push the live rounds under the bolt through the ejection port to make the rifle safe without taking the mag out when negotiating obstacles etc. We call it "underloading" down here.

I do love the look of that rifle ;)

Thanks, the green paint on the barrel is halfords cammo od green sprayed over a coat of sand coloured ec paint which i didnt like the colour of.

Sand coloured barrel

4AB842E4-CE2E-46A2-93F7-FC65E85B7007_zps

• 1 month later...

Hi love the look of Gary's Rifle I'm trying to source a Kmw sentinel stock for my Owen project I've had a look on the march scopes website where they were advertised they don't seem to stock them anymore and I can't see any contact details on the March website unless I'm being thick.

A do any of you no where I can't source one?if not

B how do I get in contact with March UK ?to ask

them.

Cheers munty

I believe that the Sentinel may be more available soon…..through March UK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

How do you find that halfords paint for wear resistance. Was going to buy that or some krylon for an old stock I'm mucking about with and am interested in people's opinion/experience in either type of paint.

I realise it isn't ceracote or duracoat but it's just a wee project to keep me busy ;).

Hi Gary,

How do you find that halfords paint for wear resistance. Was going to buy that or some krylon for an old stock I'm mucking about with and am interested in people's opinion/experience in either type of paint.

I realise it isn't ceracote or duracoat but it's just a wee project to keep me busy ;).

It has no wear resistance, but theres a lot of it in the tim to keep

It touched up.

Ive painted another barrel with the halfords black paint, over grey primer, that is really fragile. The EC paint works better as a primer than actual primer.

But my rifles do get used a lot more than some peoples.

Proper coating is the way forward..

I painted a stock, barrel and a mod with Krylon flat black about a month ago. If your reasonably competent with a spray can you can make a decent job of it, I didn't use a primer as the can they sent me gave up the ghost straight away and would not spray. The stock was sanded and the barrel had already been bead blasted, the mod was stainless so I just degreased it along with the barrel using white spirit.

Im very impressed with the finish, I have also noticed that as it says on the tin although it dries in 15 mins the paint gets harder after a week or so. Ive picked up a couple of chips here and there but to be honest it would be so easy to re-coat that it has made me question the need to pay a lot of money for a professional coating. I think in higher wear areas then the professional coatings will work better but all the applicators still keep saying its a paint and will come off as well albeit a bit less easily.

Without a primer underneath the paint on the barrel seems to have taken a bit better as it had been bead blasted and had a good key, the mod was smooth stainless and I think bead blasting it first would have been wise. I also think using a Krylon primer would make sense even though without has worked well. I bought a primer, a colour and then a matt clear lacquer (which Ive still not used) from these guys and it arrived the next day.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/krylon-spray-paint

Archived