Members Tactical Build

Andy,

Sorry misunderstanding in my question - what I was asking is 'would a Remington or Rem clone FP assy drop in?' i.e. if you're at a comp and the FP breaks etc. can you swap for a Rem clone or is the FP assy unique to the Stiller action?

Cheers T

from website

Stainless Tactical Actions

• Drop in replacement for popular Remington 700 series actions. Fits same stocks, triggers and has same nominal headspacing.
  • Available in short, long and 338 Lapua length. Tactical 30 actions have 223 and 308 and magnum boltfaces, Tactical 300 actions have 308 or magnum boltfaces. The Tactical 338 is specifically designed for the 338 Lapua Magnum or 378 Weatherby based cartridges. It has a little larger footprint, the diameter is 0.050 larger and the length is 0.465 longer to accommodate the larger boltface. The Tactical 408 is designed to be used for cartridges based on the 408 CheyTac brass.
  • All action bodies use 416R stainless steel hardened to 41 Rockwell C.
  • Bolt hole is gun-drilled and then wire edm'ed with the rails to ensure exact tolerances and size control. Bolt fit to body is typically .0040 to .0060.
  • Rails incorporate anti-bind rail for smooth operation when sliding bolt across port cutouts.
  • Bolt is factory lapped and either coated with Black Iron Nitride QPQ to reduce visibility. Bolts are spiral fluted.
  • Repeaters have standard magazine cutout for use with Remington parts or we offer a bedding system that uses proven Accuracy International magazines.
  • Picatinney rails are available from SPF. Standard front Remington bases fit both front and rear mounts.
  • Standard finish is bead blasted matte with a black oxide coating.
  • Bolt stop is on side above the stock line.
  • Full round back and smaller port allow for a much stiffer action.
  • Uses industry standard Remington style firing pin.
  • The Tactical 30 and Tactical 300 actions use 1.0625-16 tpi, 0.700 inch headspace.
  • Tactical 338 actions use 1.125-16 tpi, 1.000 inch headspace.
  • Tactical 408 actions use 1.187-16 tpi, 1.100 inch headspace.
  • NOW Available in right bolt right port AND left bolt left port.
  • All CNC machined.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim

Thus: http://kmwlrs.com/

imported by: https://www.marchscopes.co.uk/ (as UKV site supporter)

Try one - you'll like it :lol: (and yes, currently hard to get hold of, US LEO's getting first dibs on Mr Cross's output)

Brgds T

Cheers bradders and terry , only just seen this post since 1st post , they look very fitting lol. Shame there not more plentiful <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Well the pile of parts has metamorphised into this:

DSCN3912_zpsafde1b01.jpg

DSCN3913_zps393f1504.jpg

DSCN3914_zps9427627b.jpg

DSCN3915_zps8f8ab7b7.jpg

DSCN3916_zps63e6ede6.jpg

DSCN3917_zps60567670.jpg

DSCN3918_zpsb00fc62f.jpg

DSCN3919_zpscb892320.jpg

DSCN3920_zps9207cf03.jpg

All packed into Garys Storm case and on route to be coated then proofed:

DSCN3922_zps93c3c3d0.jpg

Hopefully it will shoot...

Zero run out when carrying out all machining process's and sub .0002" run out on rear of chamber.

The barrel was as true as anything I've ever used - Benchmark are pretty damn good at making barrels..

God it does look good ! I really hope it shoots for you too ;)

What colour are you going for?

OD green barrel and lug, tan in the barrel channel to match base colour of stock, going to wear a hardy gen 4 moderator and your old pm2 to start with although i might change that for a march or zeiss if it looks to big/top heavy..

oooh , preshus ! dare one ask how many pennies such a fine rifle might cost ?

Component parts are just north of £3k, add barrel profiling, chambering/screwcutting, bedding, trigger timing/sorting, painting, proofing, various postage, it all adds up but im sure it will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this in my hands for the first time yesterday, all i can say is "wow", it handles perfectly, comes in at 15lb with mod, bipod and big pm2, should be wearing a march at the rrc which will take it to 14lb or there abouts.

Thanks Andy, always a pleasure.

Just need to decide on barrel finish now, ive got it back unpainted to decide on final colour.

Ha ha! Now here's a thing..

I was very careful in specifying the barrel profile, designed it so that a third eye spartan would fit at any barrel length between 26" and 20", should i have it cut down. Anyway, i had a last minute change of mind and bought a hardy gen 4, which is lovely and light, but i didnt check the internal dimension, the hardy just touches the barrel when tight, so, watch this space, might be a cheap hardy up for grabs soon...m18x1, .30 cal

Gary

Can you email me a few pictures for my website if thats ok with you .

Keith

Do I get commission ?

:D

Keith

I've a few pics that haven't been posted here - you can use these and those from the site if you wish.

Gary - shoots ok,,,,,,,,?

Thats far from good enough,

I prefer "adequate"

;)

Andy, first 3 shot group at 100m off roof of truck by torchlight measured 20mm.

5 shot group in comp at 100m measured 25mm c to c.

5 shots at 330m in comp hit the hun in the boat race.

Conditions far from ideal, 15-25mph gusting from left, rain running down BD's butcrack....

No load development, far too hot in this one (my pet load in my other 47, you must be getting better at this tight tolerance stuff), and a last minute scope swap and zero.

It has potential.

Archived