portable loading anyone??????

craigyboy

Just thought I would share this as it may be useful to someone. I saw it ages ago on the net, someone had made a portable loading bench out of a black & decker workmate, I always kept it in mind incase I needed it and now with me building a house I am living somewhere a bit smaller for a while and this setup proves just perfect. I got the black and decker from b&q for 13 quid, it was one of the self assmebly 301 models. I just made it out of bog standard exterior plywood, I was gonna used veenered oak ply or similar but didnt really see the point. I made the base 32" by 22" and the shelf is 6" wide sitting 8" above the base, this allows a nice bit of room to use a powder meausre on the shelf. I finished it with 3 coats of satin clear varnish . I am quite happy with it as I can get all I need onto it and its surprisingly steady I wasnt expecting it too be but I could easily clamp on and use a threaded press for full length sizing etc.

It folds up neatly and is easy stored though I have ended up just leaving mine out as it doesnt take up that much room.

DigitalCamera093.jpg

DigitalCamera095.jpg

Looks good Craig

bit better than my knackered workmate I use when loading on the range out of the back of the Disco.

I plan to use it for loading on the range myslef ronin in the summer, dead handy folds up nice compact so should fit in the van along with the rest of my stuff, bench cleaning gear etc. Its hard to beat loading on the range you can tailor a load to your rifle there and then no going back home changing charge weight, seating depth etc. its the way forward I think.

Yes well impressed with that setup craigy!!!! ;) ;)

Thanks for sharing.........................

All the best....................

RAY................................. ;) ;)

I'm pretty lucky as my mate who own the farm where my range is on has the same press, all I have to do is take my die heads up and consumables and I cn stay all day ;)

I'm pretty lucky as my mate who own the farm where my range is on has the same press, all I have to do is take my die heads up and consumables and I cn stay all day ;)

Nice Andy, about as handy as it gets for you then :P

Thanks for the replies lads.

Archived