Accuracy International, Six Sigma and the New Rifles

brown dog

Glad to see that Brown Dog enjoyed his visit to the AI factory and is sharing his experience. In response to Bradders statement, he is quite right, the EDM machine is the only way to get an accurate and tight tolerance corner (round mill cutters leave a radius) in the mag well. Although it is a slow process, it is also an unattended process after the machine is set up and we can run up to 10 centre sections in one set up. We also run one EDM 24 hours a day for 4 days a week on magazine centre sections. We have a second EDM which is used for various operations on firing train components.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see that Brown Dog enjoyed his visit to the AI factory and is sharing his experience. In response to Bradders statement, he is quite right, the EDM machine is the only way to get an accurate and tight tolerance corner (round mill cutters leave a radius) in the mag well. Although it is a slow process, it is also an unattended process after the machine is set up and we can run up to 10 centre sections in one set up. We also run one EDM 24 hours a day for 4 days a week on magazine centre sections. We have a second EDM which is used for various operations on firing train components.

See, I was right

new5_muttley.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The last couple of photos.

The ultimate supermarket trolley dash?

P1010093_zps11b35240.jpg

And finally, I'd seen this on the internet, but always assumed it was an urban myth photoshop....nope, it's real!

P1010095_zpsac6852e9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

brown dog,

Thank you for posting all those pics. I would give my left kidney to work at AI..........Wellll maybe not my kidney but someone else's. LOL

• 1 month later...

Archived