Starlight arrow

Dac9976

With my NM800IR I would say I can identify a Fox @ 700-800 yds - can watch Rabbits @ 500yds+ depends on the night & the lay of the land really

What price range are they mate ?

Cheers Gaz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geoff it would of been nice to see the n750 with doubler in Mark's review, then it would be like for like.

I know what you are saying Andy but I was just trying to show what a fox size target looks like through the Drone at a measured 400yrds :) I know I would not be able to identify that fox at that distance if Mark hadn't said what he was looking at.

No mate - Just appreciate good kit ! A guy off here came down & looked at/through mine, asked lots of question, went home & ordered one + a NM800IR - just had a text off him, think he's happy !! Perhaps he'll be along shortly to add a comment ...............

No mate - Just appreciate good kit ! A guy off here came down & looked at/through mine, asked lots of question, went home & ordered one + a NM800IR - just had a text off him, think he's happy !! Perhaps he'll be along shortly to add a comment ...............

All joking aside mate, I really appreciate the feed back.

It's a lot of money for me at the moment so need to make the right choice:)

Yea I'm along now. Set my drone up other nite could see hares and rabbits out to 400 ish no problem zeroed it today and could easily see bullet holes at hundred yards and shot hare at 200 middle of day that's beauty of em as well nite and day there real tidy piece of kit

P.s. thanks norm for the look at yours and the advice (maybe you should go on commission !)

Thanks GP1 for doing that test must have tacken a fair bit of time It's making me think as I ain't getting on with my £3000 Archer was going to get a Longbow now thinking of getting a Drone but I will be trying different things and scopes first

Hi, I spoke to starlight last week, and I could not pin them down on a supply date for the higher spec unit, I asked what distance I could expect using a NM800ir and they said about 180 yds, but much further if I used the quantum firefly lazer, which they make of course!! As I need to get out to 200yds + I decided to go for a Nite Tec nt300 from Marky610 off the nightvision forum, nice compact unit with video out facility, three models, nt120, nt200, and nt300, numbers refer to yardage capability.

Regards Aj

180yrds with an nm800.....for the high end model!

i'd forget it at that lads. most of you will have heard of a watec d.i.y addon. well one of them will give you over 200yrds with a nm800. and they can be built for 200 quid or so, granted that would be a screened set up but it makes the 800-900 quid arrow look a bit sick

.....adam

Thanks GP1 for doing that test must have tacken a fair bit of time It's making me think as I ain't getting on with my £3000 Archer was going to get a Longbow now thinking of getting a Drone but I will be trying different things and scopes first

Sorry but I think you got a bit mixed up, the review was done by a man called Mark who goes under the forum name Marky610, I do like his reviews and you can see it as it is without any editing.

I've been reading with interest and can't hold back after reading the post regarding the Archer and NM800ir, I dumped the firefly(literally in a pile of poo some were lost forever)in fact I believe it actually spooked a couple of Fox's and replaced it with the NM800ir mounted on the arche & use that as a spotter, once spotted Fox it's mounted and then use a scope mounted nm800ir with 2 battery's and the larger lens. I've head shot rabbits at 200yards + 300yard fox's would not be a problem, but not for me not night time.
I'm happy with mine its serves a purpose, its sorted out problem fox's that maybe I could have sorted with out NV but most probably took allot more of my time up..

Obviously not reading enough, silly me, the reference was regarding the "Arrow" not the Archer,

sorry folk

180yrds with an nm800.....for the high end model!

i'd forget it at that lads. most of you will have heard of a watec d.i.y addon. well one of them will give you over 200yrds with a nm800. and they can be built for 200 quid or so, granted that would be a screened set up but it makes the 800-900 quid arrow look a bit sick

.....adam

180 yards was what I was quoted using the high end model with nm800ir, Now I would expect that figure was given to try and get me to purchase the quantum firefly lazer, as I was told with the firefly 300yds was more the usable distance. £899 is the price including the firefly, when pressed they would not give me a price for the arrow without the firefly.

Aj

Hi Montey what is your setup and what problem are you having with the £3000 archer ?

fair point. if the top model uses the watec board cam and 640x480 display then i'v got an addon here of the same spec. and it does work very well, 180yrds is no problem with a t20 illuminator.

What add on you got mate? Any chance of a pic

Gaz

it was one i made mate, and has since been pulled apart for other builds

using the watec board cam (which i keep hearing is in the top arrow) it was just too bulky. iirc the watec cam was 48mmx48mm and double boarded. the E700 camera (nt300, and most d.i.y rigs nowadays) is 30mmx30mm which makes a huge difference to the size of housing needed to put it in

as i say, it did work well and with a 66mm oslon based i.r it was good for a 300yrd fox shot

Hi ergid I've dumped the fire fly and added a nm800ir with a leupold mk4 14x50 mill dot I'm having trouble seeing the rectangle I shot a small plastic bottle at 120 yards off the bonnet of the land rover with a heavy bag no problem But missed the first fox when I used sticks ive got the Lupe turned rite down on mag but the Archer magnifies any movement I've shot a couple of rabbits now but still not that impressed for the money Going to try it on my S&B 5-25x56PMII when the weather allows any advise would be great thanks

Archived