Starlight arrow

Dac9976

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Has anyone got there hands on one of these yet?

Also interested in any feed back on the drone pro.

Cheers

Danny.

Hi, I spoke to starlight last week, and I could not pin them down on a supply date for the higher spec unit, I asked what distance I could expect using a NM800ir and they said about 180 yds, but much further if I used the quantum firefly lazer, which they make of course!! As I need to get out to 200yds + I decided to go for a Nite Tec nt300 from Marky610 off the nightvision forum, nice compact unit with video out facility, three models, nt120, nt200, and nt300, numbers refer to yardage capability.

Regards Aj

Thanks for the info AJ.

I've got an Archer but can't get used to the eye relief. The arrow looks a bit smaller but don't think it's going to be anywhere near as good as a Archer.

Hi, I spoke to starlight last week, and I could not pin them down on a supply date for the higher spec unit, I asked what distance I could expect using a NM800ir and they said about 180 yds, but much further if I used the quantum firefly lazer, which they make of course!! As I need to get out to 200yds + I decided to go for a Nite Tec nt300 from Marky610 off the nightvision forum, nice compact unit with video out facility, three models, nt120, nt200, and nt300, numbers refer to yardage capability.

Regards Aj

Is the night tec a add on ??

Cheers Gaz

Is the night tec a add on ??

Cheers Gaz

Yes its an add on, very similar to the Ward d vision, and the starlight archer, when fitted to the scope your eye is about 4"- 4.5" away so about the same eye relief. If you go on utube and search nite tec nt300 there is a 13 min video of mark showing the unit. Its worth going on the nightvision forum, a lot of very knowledgeable people on there, I found it very interesting and informative, nice friendly bunch of guys always ready to help with advice etc .much the same as UKV.

AJ

Yes its an add on, very similar to the Ward d vision, and the starlight archer, when fitted to the scope your eye is about 4"- 4.5" away so about the same eye relief. If you go on utube and search nite tec nt300 there is a 13 min video of mark showing the unit. Its worth going on the nightvision forum, a lot of very knowledgeable people on there, I found it very interesting and informative, nice friendly bunch of guys always ready to help with advice etc .much the same as UKV.

AJ

Cheers for that, I am on the forum must spend more time on it lol

Thanks Gaz

Thanks for the info AJ.

I've got an Archer but can't get used to the eye relief. The arrow looks a bit smaller but don't think it's going to be anywhere near as good as a Archer.

Pics of it fitted on the stalking directory, it adds a lot more length than I expected

Thanks for the info AJ.

Pics of it fitted on the stalking directory, it adds a lot more length than I expected

Regards Aj

What sort of length does the NT300 add to a scope? How do they compare on price please?

What sort of length does the NT300 add to a scope? How do they compare on price please?

They add about 4" so eye relief is pretty much un changed, Prices are nt 120 and nt200- £475 and the nt300 £575 this is price at the moment, but pre vat registration. You would get more info if you go on the nightvision forum. I sould be getting mine in the next few days, When I do I will do a test and post a review.

Aj

I looked at the starlight arrow at the show and I thought it looked horrible :(

Don't no what to bye

Gaz

Yes its not the prettiest thing out there, Too high for my liking, the nt300 is quite low, and more compact, When I get mine I will let you all know how well it performs, and anyone who lives within range of me will be welcome to come and have a play!! The Photon is apparently very good for the money, but you cant easily switch it from rifle to rifle, I need an add on as it will be used on four rifles.

Aj

Yes its not the prettiest thing out there, Too high for my liking, the nt300 is quite low, and more compact, When I get mine I will let you all know how well it performs, and anyone who lives within range of me will be welcome to come and have a play!! The Photon is apparently very good for the money, but you cant easily switch it from rifle to rifle, I need an add on as it will be used on four rifles.

Aj

Just what I thought, yes it would be good if you could let me know how you get on with it.

Cheers

Go dedicated Gaz, these add ons seem to be a pain in the a##e.

With decent mounts you can swap over scopes without losing your zero!

I know what your saying mate

Gaz

Something I am pondering ATM with my 22-250 coming up to lambing season, very busy with foxes. Have a photon but need some mounts for it and my day scope. Need a piccatiny rail to add to my cz550 first.

i have 2 rifles...25cal and a .22-250 which iss my rifle i use at night 99.9% of the time

i have a home made nv add on with reversing screen type monitor and i can see 250yds clear but lot further eye shine...... but always aware i wanted proper shooting position. only thing bout going Dedicated was i was worrying bout losing a rifle......

i havent.... i just bought a drone pro on backof vid footage and speaking to a couple owners.....im away form home with work but its waiting for me at home when i get back so cnt comment on it....yet!!!

but heres my theory

i havent lost a rifle... i went digital rather than traditional tubed for 2 reasons.....

1 its cheaper

2 i didnt want to inadvertantly remove a lens cap or such and jam doughnut it

also now i can take this out thru the day and zero

then plink at paper or bunnies or the like....

come evening i can still stalk roe ( im in scotland) as long as im using it within 1hr of sunset legally, i dont have to worry bout glass being crap for dusk....then can sit in th emotor fire up keely kettle have a cuppa,, packet o noodles or what ever and STILLuse same rig for charlie!!

now heres the thing.....folk lookat price and buy a unit.....in my opinion cost doesnt stop there.....as i soon learned swing a rifle around to spot aint the comfiest so realistically if you want no light at all...then your looking to buy a spotter also....walk bout rifle on shoulde rusing spotter....pick up quarry move to rifle take shot...not a single bit of visible light used

my home made will be converted to a spotter

cant wait to use the drone pro.... few folk asked why not more reviews on them.....ive been told coz most folks out using em!!!

paul

I think the Ward-D vision only adds a couple of inches, not sure if supply issues have been sorted yet though

A little more than that, depending on the rubber eye cup its adjustable between 75mm to 90mm depending on your day scopes eye relief and recoil characteristics of the rifle. It's the only thing on the market that doesn't affect your shooting position.

No problems with supply at all these days.

Cheers

Clive

I have a Drone Pro 10x fitted on a Tikka T3 .204 - personally I think they're excellent, I haven't heard anyone slagging them off yet & as said above people who own them are busy using/enjoying them rather than writing reviews etc

I have heard that they are quite good but no info on what sort of range you can get out of them.

So if possible when you drone pro owners have finished saving the world is there any chance of a quick write up please:)

Cheers

Danny.

I have heard that they are quite good but no info on what sort of range you can get out of them.

So if possible when you drone pro owners have finished saving the world is there any chance of a quick write up please:)

Cheers

Danny.

Good one Dac ( drone pro users saving the world !!! that means D-760 users are saving the universe !!! )

Good one Dac ( drone pro users saving the world !!! that means D-760 users are saving the universe !!! )

Have a look here at the drone being put against n750 & photon, it gives you a good idea what to expect from the unit.

Archived