Quickload - Amazing Program

I ordered Quickload a couple of days ago after swithering about it for the last couple of years. It arrived today and I've been sitting playing on it all evening and I'm quite amazed by its accuracy compared with real life velocities.

So far I've been averaging the h2o capacity of the .223 and .308 cases, both loaded with N140 and inputed case lengths, c.o.a.l, temperature and barrel length and the displayed velocity for the .308 is within 16fps and .223 18fps!

Looking forward to really getting the most out of it.

I know there are plenty users on here , any hints/tips?!

Also just out of curiosity what is the lot to lot variance of VV powders like, N140 in particular? I'm assuming it would be nowhere near the 10% +/- shown in the results section in QL?

Biggest hint/tip I would give you is that it is an excellent guide. I use it a lot and I think it seems to be particularly good on common calibres where there is a lot of data already. On wildcats and less usual calibres it's not quite as good in my view but never the less a very good tool.

Cheers

R

• 1 month later...

It says in the user agreement it may be installed on several PC's as long as they are all owned by the purchaser and only one PC is running the program at any one time. Each disc is serial numbered and you have to enter your name and address when you install.

Biggest hint/tip I would give you is that it is an excellent guide. I use it a lot and I think it seems to be particularly good on common calibres where there is a lot of data already. On wildcats and less usual calibres it's not quite as good in my view but never the less a very good tool.

Cheers

R

+1

Also don't trust the fps figures Mine always crono higher than stated.

But great tool for saving powder and bullets.

I got mine on disk and have used it on about 5-6 computers so far with no worrys.

Rgds

V

Archived