6.5x55 heads for deer(fallow and sikka)

dwight

Hi guys.

Im starting to gear up to to a bit of reloading and am wondering what bullet to use for my 6.5x55..I currently use federal powershock soft point 140gn ammo and have had no hassle with them at all.

The rifle is a cz 550..

The question is.what bullet head would you recommend for this cal for medium game such as fallow and sikka and the odd hybred..Shots are usually between 100-250yds..

Thanks

Dwight

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I use 120gn Sierra Spitzers and they perform magically: little carcass damage, killed everything I shot so far and, the best bit, they are supremely accurate (0.156 inch c/c 3 shot group, out of a factory Sako 75 with no modification) and very very cheap. So far shot 3 fallow yearling bucks, at ranges from 70 to 150 yards.

best wishes,

Finman

Hi guys.

Im starting to gear up to to a bit of reloading and am wondering what bullet to use for my 6.5x55..I currently use federal powershock soft point 140gn ammo and have had no hassle with them at all.

The rifle is a cz 550..

The question is.what bullet head would you recommend for this cal for medium game such as fallow and sikka and the odd hybred..Shots are usually between 100-250yds..

Thanks

Dwight

i am using hornady 129sst in my 6.5 awsome!!!!!!

Guest wireviz

Ill go with mill pool 129sst,s bungee great knocks even the toughest over with out a fuss near made ma dog redundant . The do leave some meat damage but the trade off of not have to follow up against a pound of mince don't seem to add up to me. :rolleyes:;)

marksbuckforthenet.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived