Shooter Error analysis

Roe

What does not go wrong during this session.

Starting to hate my Eberlestock Dragonfly, finding it a security hazard on the hills - going down steep inclines the barrel nicks the ground behind me, throwing my balance. Will be interesting to see if my stock is cracked or if POI is even in the right cardinal direction.

Skiing for ptarmigan can perhaps be an exotic view, so put som film in. Total fail though, didn't find a live feather. But with the area/ the daylight available/ distance to travel you also need a bit of luck to hit a good spot.

Also doing a bit of shooter analysis. Breaking the bipod spigot wasn't all bad, I discovered how poor my prone shooting w/o bipod has become. Until this I was "unknowingly incompetent" which is the worst kind. At least I'm "attached" to my shooting so I immedieately recognized poor shooting and now have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong.

Getting back in shape is still a work in progress it seems...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_Qe1vLhIw

Interesting as always. Nice view did you get your bird?

Can I ask what the card your using is looks a handy thing to have where do you get them?

Thanks Sonic

Thanks for that guys.

No need to buy a card, just google "target diagnose" and print the result. If you want to "go in depth" Edinkille SPort Services sells several good books about Olympic level rifle shooting. If looking for technical perfection, some of these are very good if you take out what is relevant for hunting. I've had great help from "Ways of the Rifle".

Seems like I'm reaching a level were I'm back to my "previously known errors". I've learnt to interpret the hand ok and I have narrowed down my errors to one focus area. In this film I shoot a group of a little less than 40 shots and a very distinct pattern emerges. It is the same I see in all rifles over the bipod. There are occasional fliers, but all of these are called misses and caused by me being careless/ fatigued - not a shooter error that needs to be addressed.

Allthough the shooting is not up to standard yet, this video is a personal triumph as I started being lame and handicapped out of shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhA-iBo-80Y

Thanks Thomas I will have a look at those. I do like the solidity of your card and the fact it will survive our weather, one may still end up in the pocket of my gun bag.

I like the last video you can't beat playing in the wind for a challenge. Thirty MPH cross wind on Saturday was fun with my 243 and my friend with his 22-250. Though not to anything like the range you get out to.

it was very unusual 5 to 10 mph (2.2 to 4.5 m/s) is more like normal. There was a storm blowing through it was interesting to try I do like the 87 vmax that I'm using they do seem to work well in the wind.

Archived