DECISIONS

Orka Akinse

Ok guys I got a problem.

OC social & Domestic has given the green light to me getting a new scope :blink:

I was thinkin of a S&B 5-25 PMII the new one............. Woo Hoo

or

a top end leupy (Must have BDC turrets) no experience of these apart from the top end ones are the quality ones.

We have been invited to the USA for a holiday just got to find the flight costs :lol: so I could pick up one from there either a Leupy or the S&B hopefully?

So what is it to be, help me out would ya????

A Mod may move this but I thought it was a technical problem :huh::blink:

Don't mention mods ( erators) in your post it gets people fighting :huh::blink:

A mate got the schmidt one a few months ago, its the dogs danglys but it should be for the money! Don't forget its 34mm rings on top and they don't come cheap. The fine mildot is the one to go for.

I had chance of a pm11 3-12 which was nice but this was 34mm which put me off.

Any other questions fire away :blink: and I'll ask him.

He got his from York guns.

An S&B will cost about the same as here, but a nice Loopy is half the price :huh:

i got my Looy VX-L 6.5 - 20 x 56mm Extreme Varmit from the States For £550 Delivered and lowest we can buy them here for is £999.00 from Uttings

I have both high end Leups and S&B PM11's - the difference in clarity is like night and day in the favour of S&B.

Had I the available resources - all my scopes would be PM11's

That being said, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with Leupolds, their warranty is excellent, they are bombproof and have served me well for many years.

I really want the S&B but to wait til the end of the year is drivin me nuts especially as I don't want her (who must be obeyed) to change her mind and going to the states was an opportunity to pick either of them up, but as Varmartin says the risk is running the gauntlet with customs which, isn't so bad on other stuff but a scope of a lifetime would be ballbreakin stuff.

Do we know who has got the new 5-25 S&B PMII in stock?

Do we know who has got the new 5-25 S&B PMII in stock?

Almost no-one - you will find another thread from me on this site. The decision by the army to equip their new sniper rifle with 5-25x S & B PM11 scopes has meant that the entire production run for the rest of this year has been turned over to the men in salad suits. If any supplier tells you different they are being dishonest.

If you telephone McCleods in Rosshire they will tell you that they will not be able to get a fresh supply of S&B scopes before Christmas at the earliest - and maybe not even then.

If you e-mail around you MIGHT get a S/H example or be lucky to find a dealer with a S&B scope CLOSE to what you want.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I Have both Swarovski and S&B scopes. Optically they are on a par, but I find that the side parallax adjustment of the S&B makes it easier to use. The Swaro has the better reticle (TDS).

Good Hunting!

Cheers Fella's appreciate the words of comfort.

I Can't find Franz K in belgium RF and your other supplier only has one scope by S&B and it isnt a PMII :D:lol:

I'm not paranoid but I reckon she knows I can't get one hence her saying I can ;) wheres that book on paranoia???? :(

I hate to pee on Leupold, but I own several of them along with just one old, hunt worn S&B perched on my every day hunting rifle; my CZ Hornet. I'd give all the Leupolds away to keep that S&B. It makes all other scopes look dull. One of these days I hope to snag a used 4X S&B for my deer rifle.~Andrew

That one chap I mentioned earlier has them

illuminated for 2400 Euro, a bit steep?

the 4-16 PM2 not illuminated 1850 Euro

(out of my league, no clue what these scopes normally cost)

Possibly like last year after IWA prices could go up.

If you want I can get exact specs on the ones in stock.

cheers

edi

The Euro exchange rate is not very attractive at the moment. The Euro is worth 78p so 1850 Euro + £1444 - or almost as much as the 5-25X56 PM11 goes for (theoretically).

I say theoretically because if you can't get them you can't get them - period.

I reckon if anyone has a new one of these they can more or less name their price at the moment - what a shame!.

B

Archived